What in the world is this?? Anyone else get this email? (received yesterday)

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Call your credit card and dispute the charge. If the box shows up, refuse delivery and let them deal with the return. If you have the tracking number you might be able to call the shipper and refuse the shipment right away.

Unfortunately, no new tracking number. The only tracking number in the latest email shows delivery on 1 September, which was the promo 256GB card only. Have already notified the card company and they are watching for the reversal action.

I know this has been a nightmare for Samsung, but the crazy mixed up way they do these fulfillments is scary. Only reason I ordered from Samsung.com originally was they seemed to be the only source to get the Blue Coral version.

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
As I said previously, the saga continues. Late last night (around midnight) I received an email from Samsung apologizing for erroneously charging my credit card. They said they have already reversed the charge and it might take 2-3 days to show up.

They also included a code that is good for $200 off anything I buy on Samsung.com before 31 Dec. Thinking about a new Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, but will probably wait a few weeks -- rumors floating that the new Tab S3 might launch before the end of the year.

Clearly, someone is trying to recover some customer goodwill however possible.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
As I said previously, the saga continues. Late last night (around midnight) I received an email from Samsung apologizing for erroneously charging my credit card. They said they have already reversed the charge and it might take 2-3 days to show up.

They also included a code that is good for $200 off anything I buy on Samsung.com before 31 Dec. Thinking about a new Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, but will probably wait a few weeks -- rumors floating that the new Tab S3 might launch before the end of the year.

Clearly, someone is trying to recover some customer goodwill however possible.
Good deal, glad they are stepping up.

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
This is what I received tonight.

"We have not yet been able to ship the products from Samsung Electronics America listed below. Your order will be fulfilled as soon as the product(s) becomes available. The estimated date of fulfillment is 11/22/2016. "

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
This is what I received tonight.

"We have not yet been able to ship the products from Samsung Electronics America listed below. Your order will be fulfilled as soon as the product(s) becomes available. The estimated date of fulfillment is 11/22/2016. "

That is precisely the first of three emails I received within a 1 minute span. The next one said basically "Oops, we tried to cancel your order but couldn't and it has shipped. You will receive return instructions." The third email basically said "You received this item. It has to be returned. If you don't return it, we will charge you full price."

Watch your Inbox.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
That is precisely the first of three emails I received within a 1 minute span. The next one said basically "Oops, we tried to cancel your order but couldn't and it has shipped. You will receive return instructions." The third email basically said "You received this item. It has to be returned. If you don't return it, we will charge you full price."

Watch your Inbox.
Have you tried calling your credit card company? They can't just charge anything on your card without your permission. It's grand theft. Felony.

billinaz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried calling your credit card company? They can't just charge anything on your card without your permission. It's grand theft. Felony.

Not necessarily. You need intent, and a dollar amount above the threshold in the state this took place.

This is a civil matter at best, not criminal. It was part of a business transaction with an error... that is all.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Not necessarily. You need intent, and a dollar amount above the threshold in the state this took place.

This is a civil matter at best, not criminal. It was part of a business transaction with an error... that is all.
Pretty sure $800 will do the trick in any state. He was charged without signing anything nor giving permission. Call your cc company. Why waste your time dealing with Samsung?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

If the date of the sale is after the CSPC recall, technically, charging the card and initiating a sale is a federal crime. Good luck trying to pursue that one in court though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz