Had to destroy phone myself curbside at the airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdroidgalaxy

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Came into Kodiak town after a week in the bush. Can't bring phone onto flight back to anchorage. Airline refuses to take the phone. Verizon says to return it to store. Right...

Flight in one hour. Take it outside and destroy it on video with friend's phone in case Verizon wonders where their phone went. Ticket agent said same thing happened last week. Guy used a hammer.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If I actually believed these phones had a problem, I'd think beating it up would make it more likely to catch fire. This whole thing is stupid.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
As I was flying when the ban took effect, I will tell you that TSA and airline staff were NOT checking the model of cell phones. They WERE advising Note 7 owners to not bring their phones on board or to keep them powered off.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Post the video your friend took.
I agree, share the video!!!

OP, where did you dispose of the phone after you put it at more risk for a fire?

And you say another guy beat one with a hammer at the airport before you? I am in the construction field, I most definitely find it odd one would have a hammer in hand or in their carry-on bag!! Plus I highly doubt airport maintenance is going to lend a hammer in this day and age of airport security. Oh wait, maybe he bought the hammer at the airport market, aren't hammers right next to the finger nail clippers, magazines and gum.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree, share the video!!!

OP, where did you dispose of the phone after you put it at more risk for a fire?

And you say another guy beat one with a hammer at the airport before you? I am in the construction field, I most definitely find it odd one would have a hammer in hand or in their carry-on bag!! Plus I highly doubt airport maintenance is going to lend a hammer in this day and age of airport security. Oh wait, maybe he bought the hammer at the airport market, aren't hammers right next to the finger nail clippers, magazines and gum.

Haha

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Going to post this here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ople-generally-being-nuisance-isn-t-cool.html

And remind everyone that this isn't the community where we gang up on people who are asking for help, sharing their frustrations and ... well, really it doesn't matter what they said. If you don't have anything nice to say, go post on XDA. If you've already been banned there, try Android Police. If you want to make positive, productive posts in the interests of promoting healthy discussion, you're welcome to do that here. This thread is pretty disappointing. Hopefully we all do better in the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo