Deal Alert - Target this week doing $150 off S7 and S7E

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Deal Alert - Target this week is doing $150 off the S7 and S7 Edge!

Price of S7E drops from $792 to $642 and payments go down from current $33 to $26/mo.

They only carry gold and black colors, FYI.

My local Verizon store actually matched this deal and I got another titanium silver phone yesterday (S7E) to replace my silver N7.

With reports coming out that Samsung is offering N7 customers discounts on the S8 and N8 (at least in Korea confirmed and hopefully US too!) , I'll do the S7E for now until the next Samsung comes out in '17

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Deal Alert - Target this week is doing $150 off the S7 and S7 Edge!

Price of S7E drops from $792 to $642 and payments go down from current $33 to $26/mo.

They only carry gold and black colors, FYI.

My local Verizon store actually matched this deal and I got another titanium silver phone yesterday (S7E) to replace my silver N7.

With reports coming out that Samsung is offering N7 customers discounts on the S8 and N8 (at least in Korea confirmed and hopefully US too!) , I'll do the S7E for now until the next Samsung comes out in '17
Darn it lol. See I am on Tmobile and currently they're branded phones aren't carried in Target or Samsung Club, Best Buy etc so I miss out on those deals.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My verizon store says they don't price match. It was a corporate store. Maybe a non-corporate store will be able to do it? I really don't want to go to Target because of the issues people had/have with the Note 7 there.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My verizon store says they don't price match. It was a corporate store. Maybe a non-corporate store will be able to do it? I really don't want to go to Target because of the issues people had/have with the Note 7 there.

Yeah I had an absolute nightmare with Target and my Note 7. It sucks that this promotion is only through them. The other thing is the only place that has the s7 edge in stock around here is Target. It's tempting but I don't know.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I had an absolute nightmare with Target and my Note 7. It sucks that this promotion is only through them. The other thing is the only place that has the s7 edge in stock around here is Target. It's tempting but I don't know.

I guess the only problem could be if Samsung goes ahead with the trade in promotion on the S8/N8 next year. Target could easily botch that deal. Then again, with the 150 off and the 100 credit for staying with Samsung, I could pay this phone off and sell it and not have to deal with trade in. I really wish deals would leak this week.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I have a Verizon authorized reseller store in my neighborhood I go to, not a corporate store. Not sure what he did, but he priced matched the deal...

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This says with a new line of service Pass...................................

I just confirmed you can get this with upgrade, not just a new line. The other Verizon stores here won't match it either, and neither will Best Buy (my store always makes up it's own rules like that). Now I just need to decide black or gold or wait it out for the blue.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I called Target on Sunday (before I went to my Verizon store the next day) and they confirmed this was not just for new service, but for upgrades too.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Darn it lol. See I am on Tmobile and currently they're branded phones aren't carried in Target or Samsung Club, Best Buy etc so I miss out on those deals.

You can order the unlocked version from best buy which works with tmobile including Wifi calling and it's cheaper too and sometimes on sale for around $749 I've seen them.

bothee

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Target website says "$150 off device financing price with new line of service! Promotion requires order to be completed before end of day Saturday (store hours vary)." I guess YMMV at individual stores.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont see where it says a NEW service plan, it only says A service plan:

"Save $150 with qualified activation.
Guest must purchase and activate a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge on a Verizon Device Payment, AT&T Next, Sprint 24-Month Installments. Customer Financed Price $465-$642. Original Financed Price $615-$792. Savings are deducted off the original financed price of the device and are reflected in reduced monthly payments over the life of the financing term. Carriers, coverage and products may vary by store. Requires credit approval, wireless service plan, qualifying device, and an installment billing agreement for the carrier’s required term. $0 down for well-qualified customers. For all others, down payment and other restrictions may apply. Monthly device payments for term (24-30 months subject to carrier) at retail price. 0% APR. Sales tax (on original financed price) may be due at purchase. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due. Not available for lease."

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't like either of these phones.

I was going to go with the V20, but this will only be a 1 year phone for me (going to the Note 8 next year) and the S7E just made more sense for that situation:

*Waterproof: I want to keep this phone in perfect condition for the 1 year and this helps a little.
*No transitioning in/out of Samsung pay (I have really like using this).
*Possible incentives for staying with Samsung in addition to the $100 credit.
*Gear VR can still be used.
*After the $100 credit and the $150 off, the S7E is a little cheaper than the V20 (and a lot cheaper than the Pixel).
*I think the S7E should hold it's resale value a little better than the LG (not sure about that, but just my opinion).

This is in addition to the subjective reasons such as which screen you like better or how the phone feels in your hand, etc. When I had the S7E as a loaner between Notes, I didn't have a problem accidentally hitting the edge like most seem to, but I didn't enjoy the phone because I knew what the Note 7 was like. Other than that, it was fine.

I am really considering waiting on black Friday instead of going for the Target deal. By then, we could have the Coral Blue (that will just add to the resale value I think) and there could be even better deals. Maybe the deals on BF will only be for new customers? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I was going to go with the V20, but this will only be a 1 year phone for me (going to the Note 8 next year) and the S7E just made more sense for that situation:

*Waterproof: I want to keep this phone in perfect condition for the 1 year and this helps a little.
*No transitioning in/out of Samsung pay (I have really like using this).
*Possible incentives for staying with Samsung in addition to the $100 credit.
*Gear VR can still be used.
*After the $100 credit and the $150 off, the S7E is a little cheaper than the V20 (and a lot cheaper than the Pixel).
*I think the S7E should hold it's resale value a little better than the LG (not sure about that, but just my opinion).

This is in addition to the subjective reasons such as which screen you like better or how the phone feels in your hand, etc. When I had the S7E as a loaner between Notes, I didn't have a problem accidentally hitting the edge like most seem to, but I didn't enjoy the phone because I knew what the Note 7 was like. Other than that, it was fine.

I am really considering waiting on black Friday instead of going for the Target deal. By then, we could have the Coral Blue (that will just add to the resale value I think) and there could be even better deals. Maybe the deals on BF will only be for new customers? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm in a toss up between the v20 and s7 edge also. There are good deals on both right now but with black Friday so close it makes me think twice about buying now.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing. I'm in a toss up between the v20 and s7 edge also. There are good deals on both right now but with black Friday so close it makes me think twice about buying now.

It's a gamble to wait, but I have researched past deals and it looks like the S series always has a good deal going. Of course $150 off is not bad, so a bird in the hand and all that.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I dont see where it says a NEW service plan, it only says A service plan:

"Save $150 with qualified activation.
Guest must purchase and activate a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge on a Verizon Device Payment, AT&T Next, Sprint 24-Month Installments. Customer Financed Price $465-$642. Original Financed Price $615-$792. Savings are deducted off the original financed price of the device and are reflected in reduced monthly payments over the life of the financing term. Carriers, coverage and products may vary by store. Requires credit approval, wireless service plan, qualifying device, and an installment billing agreement for the carrier’s required term. $0 down for well-qualified customers. For all others, down payment and other restrictions may apply. Monthly device payments for term (24-30 months subject to carrier) at retail price. 0% APR. Sales tax (on original financed price) may be due at purchase. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due. Not available for lease."
48b647bd0144d42ee1bb0d57dbd0a73d.jpg

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Interesting! I talked to 2 different Targets and they both confirmed no new line required and the fine print doesn't say it either, so I'll go with that. I wonder which one was the intended version though. It seems most of the promotions (at least for Verizon) are focusing on setting up that DPP, not contracts anymore.

I'm still not sure if I'll wait for black Friday.
It sucks for trying to price match though, once they are that out the door it goes. LOL