Is it time to pre order the Note 8 yet?

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
:p The Note 8 Forum isn't open ... yet. I know!

Just fyi, I went back to Apple until the 8 comes out. On AT&T, speed test, the Note 7 did 64Mbps down & 34 up. The iPhone does 34 down & 10 up. Yep, 4x4 MIMO works here!!!!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
NO way I'm ever pre ordering again after all this! I will wait until its been out for about a month before I buy it in the stores.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
NO way I'm ever pre ordering again after all this! I will wait until its been out for about a month before I buy it in the stores.

What do you mean? How did preordering hurt you? I preordered and I'm glad I did. If I had waited I wouldnt have a Note 7, a 256 gb sd card, Gear VR, and a Sams $150 gift card. I'll definitely do it again. Not turning my Note in until I absolutely have to.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean? How did preordering hurt you? I preordered and I'm glad I did. If I had waited I wouldnt have a Note 7, a 256 gb sd card, Gear VR, and a Sams $150 gift card. I'll definitely do it again. Not turning my Note in until I absolutely have to.
I may do it, after careful review of the specs etc

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, can you imagine the incentives coming with the S8/N8 pre orders. One Gear 3 to go please! :)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

If you waited and bought the Note7 a month after it was out, you still would've faced the same issue. At that point the replacement units were out and most carriers were selling them to the general public. Pre-ordering wouldn't have changed a thing, nor would waiting.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
If you waited and bought the Note7 a month after it was out, you still would've faced the same issue. At that point the replacement units were out and most carriers were selling them to the general public. Pre-ordering wouldn't have changed a thing, nor would waiting.
Well, I think what he meant was that he'll wait a month to see if any are burning up. If it does then he wont buy it. A week after the note7 came out there were reports surfacing about fires.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just curious. I know there must be a large number of folks in this forum. Has anyone experienced or remotely known of anyone who had a faulty Note 7?

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Were Samsung actually on the grassy knoll? Unfortunately when BIG $$$ are involved anything is possible and I believe Samsung were shafted. By whom? Somebody standing to gain BIG $$$. It happens in politics (here in Australia for example) and it happens in big business. So which companies are making gains at the expense of a fantastic Note 7? We all know the answer to that.

Just curious. I know there must be a large number of folks in this forum. Has anyone experienced or remotely known of anyone who had a faulty Note 7?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, I think what he meant was that he'll wait a month to see if any are burning up. If it does then he wont buy it. A week after the note7 came out there were reports surfacing about fires.

Correct! The whole return process was a terrible experience that finally is being resolved for me. If I would have waited, I would have seen the N7 having the burning issues and would have waited to see if the problem was corrected after the replacement units were handed out.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

And then two weeks after that, they had the new "replacement" notes out. And everyone believed that the replacements were fine. That was a month after initial release. So what i'm saying, is even if he or anyone waited a month, they still might've easily believed the ordeal was corrected like we all did, and bought the device. Only to still have the same problem.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Correct! The whole return process was a terrible experience that finally is being resolved for me. If I would have waited, I would have seen the N7 having the burning issues and would have waited to see if the problem was corrected after the replacement units were handed out.

How long would you have waited after the replacement units were out? A week? A month? Six months when the next series (for example the S8 may be out 6 months after the Note 7, then the Note 8 will be 6 months after the S8... ) ?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Had 3 owners at my work who had both originals and replacements and no issues. Two of them still have the Note 7, one is waiting for his order of iPhone 7 Plus to come in (he was iPhone 2 years ago and doesn't have any problem going back, doesn't do a lot of customization on his phone) and the other is waiting for an S7 Edge to come in. I already got an S7 Edge when the 2nd stop usage came out.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Take my money now! I miss my Note 7. The iPhone 7 Plus is nice and smooth and all but... The Note 7 was the best damn phone.

I would get a Note 5 for now if the battery life wasn't so terrible.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

A friend of a coworker of mine was the guy who's N7 caught fire here in Richmond Virginia. It was all over the news, local and national. His phone was a sprint version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance