Did anyone?

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone receive the box from Samsung but decide to not send your note7 back? I have a package coming from fort worth, Texas, so its gotta be it. I dont want to send it back though. Isn't it illegal for them to charge me full price for a recalled discontinued phone? That would technically be selling a recalled phone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it illegal for them to charge me full price for a recalled discontinued phone? That would technically be selling a recalled phone.

No, they're obligated to attempt all reasonable recourse to recover funds that they are owed. It would be illegal to initiate a new deal to sell the phone to a consumer, however this agreement was presumably made prior to the recall and so they are owed the full amount owed on the device or the return of the product, so long as they are accepting returns.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They aren't charging you anything after you complete the recall... After you return the phone then you will get a full refund.

They are not obligated to let you keep the phone and give you a full refund... That's double dipping.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's how this is going to pan out...

You don't return the device, they give you a deadline to return it, or be charged full price, you still neglect to return it....

Now here is where the path could skew a bit...

Either...
A) carriers blacklist it, and now you have a +/- $900 device, that you can't return for full value.

Or..

B) they brick it, through an update you can't refuse, and now you have a $900 paper weight, that again... you can't return for full value.

Or... if you're lucky...

C) one of the above, and they allow you to return it for full refund....

My guess is A

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Here's how this is going to pan out...

You don't return the device, they give you a deadline to return it, or be charged full price, you still neglect to return it....

Now here is where the path could skew a bit...

Either...
A) carriers blacklist it, and now you have a +/- $900 device, that you can't return for full value.

Or..

B) they brick it, through an update you can't refuse, and now you have a $900 paper weight, that again... you can't return for full value.

Or... if you're lucky...

C) one of the above, and they allow you to return it for full refund....

My guess is A

Keeping mine until concrete info comes out. It's running and charging cooler than ever. What a shame such a knee jerk reaction had to be taken.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
My box has been here for about a week now. I'm waiting till I get a text, or email from verizon, or Sammy to send it back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay