Can you reactivate a Note 7?

millie

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I searched but couldn't find an answer. I'm still on the fence on which phone to go to and I'm travelling next weekend. If I transfer my service to my old Note 3 to use while travelling, will I be able to reactivate the Note 7 when I return or will it be good as dead?

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I've swapped my T-Mobile SIM card in between 4 phones during the recall process without issue or tmobiles knowledge beyond the imei on my account automatically changing. Who's your carrier? It might not be so simple with other carriers.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it might depend on your carrier. With CDMA carriers, prolly not, as it's mostly based on iMei whereas with GSM carriers, it's more about sim.

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I searched but couldn't find an answer. I'm still on the fence on which phone to go to and I'm travelling next weekend. If I transfer my service to my old Note 3 to use while travelling, will I be able to reactivate the Note 7 when I return or will it be good as dead?

Yes u can. I put my sim from my Pixel back into my Note 7 and it worked instantly. I'm on Verizon. Still using the Note now.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
With Sprint, you have to take the phone off of your account through their website. I'm concerned that it may not allow me to re-activate the Note.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
With Sprint, you have to take the phone off of your account through their website. I'm concerned that it may not allow me to re-activate the Note.

Try it. The worse that can happen is it wont reactivate. Nothing else will happen.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

what carrier are you with.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I think it might depend on your carrier. With CDMA carriers, prolly not, as it's mostly based on iMei whereas with GSM carriers, it's more about sim.

Not so true anymore. Verizon uses SIM cards in their LTE phones, switching phones now IS as simple as swapping the SIM card, provided the SIM fits in the new phone.

You guys can't just switch sims? That's a pain.

Verizon user can now, see above.

Some can, some can not. On AT&T and Verizon you can

Correct.

As for the OP's question - the Note3 will need a SIM adapter if you're going to just swap the SIM card from one to the other. Without that, you'll be needing a SIM that will fit in the Note 3, then need to replace that again to go back to the Note 7. Note 3 uses a Micro SIM, Note 7 uses a Nano SIM.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'll be the wet towel here and emphasize that it's not entirely prudent to continue using a device that has been recalled as a safety hazard.:)

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

And this is why I no longer do CDMA even if that means worse cell reception. Which in my case it does not.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile.I have been switching my SIM from my V20 to my note7 no problem for the last 10 days.I just have not returned my note7 yet don't want to .love my blue note7.

millie

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
@OP is your question answered or are we still looking for solutions?

Yes...I'm all good. Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I'm going to activate the N3 this weekend. TBD whether I try to reactivate the N7 when I return or if I bite the bullet and give the V20 a shot.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes...I'm all good. Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I'm going to activate the N3 this weekend. TBD whether I try to reactivate the N7 when I return or if I bite the bullet and give the V20 a shot.
Ok, good luck and feel free to let us know if you run into a snag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome