Gone but not forgotten

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Today I went to have breakfast and my waitress asked if I liked my current phone the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Gold. She said that she had the same phone and we went into the good old "Nothing was like the Note 7" conversation. We both got a little sad and looked as if we wanted to cry, LOL! As a gadget girl the Note 7 was honestly thee best phone I've ever had. Waiting on the Note 8 and I'm sure that it will exceed it's expectations.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol I'm sorry to laugh , but it's hilarious how a good majority of us went into our carrier stores with the sad face having to give up our N7. Ive been threatening and giving my coworker dirty looks for the last 3 weeks because he still has his and I don't like it

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
They still haven't sent my return box. So I put my old Note 7 on airplane mode, turned on WiFi, and started using it around the house. It's set up the same as my current S7E, so it's seamless to just pick it up and use it when I drop my S7E on the charging pad. Turn it off when I'm finished.

Dang, I had almost forgotten how much more I liked that phone.

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
It's funny how we all have the hate to give it up attitude. I hope Samsung is reading these threads because that was one fine device.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It was a good device. I was enjoying mine before the issues started popping up. I am sure Samsung is ensuring this doesn't happen with future note products.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It's funny how we all have the hate to give it up attitude. I hope Samsung is reading these threads because that was one fine device.
I think they will be making an absolute killing with the Note 8, if they can make it nonflammable

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeh turned in my silver N7 Friday night already missing it. It got paired up with a coral blue one someone had just turned in so at least it won't go down alone, lol.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well my sadness was removed since experiencing the lg v20....much better phone than my note 7 ....it may not beat it in design or waterproof but far exceeds all of my other expectations and is much faster than the note 7 with no lag at all....

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well my sadness was removed since experiencing the lg v20....much better phone than my note 7 ....it may not beat it in design or waterproof but far exceeds all of my other expectations and is much faster than the note 7 with no lag at all....
That's great to hear :) I almost got it but I got used to Samsung Pay and wound up with the S7Edge. Will you go for the Note 8?

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm not even in a mindset of giving up my Note 7 anymore. If I have to I will, but if not, I'm fine with keeping it because the rest of the market pales in comparison. I know folks like to compare the V20, but that design just doesn't compare. Plus, the price isn't in line with the features it has, or lacks rather, especially since its highest on my carrier (AT&T). I've always sold my previous devices at upgrade time, but im perfectly fine losing all my resale value in this case.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not even in a mindset of giving up my Note 7 anymore. If I have to I will, but if not, I'm fine with keeping it because the rest of the market pales in comparison. I know folks like to compare the V20, but that design just doesn't compare. Plus, the price isn't in line with the features it has, or lacks rather, especially since its highest on my carrier (AT&T). I've always sold my previous devices at upgrade time, but im perfectly fine losing all my resale value in this case.
Me too, T-mobile is charging me for the full balance so I'm probably gonna throw it on 0% interest credit card until the Note 8 comes out or unless Samsung bricks it. 😂😂😂

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
That's great to hear :) I almost got it but I got used to Samsung Pay and wound up with the S7Edge. Will you go for the Note 8?
Of course im upgrading to the note 8...I still prefer Samsung's ecosystem and displays and have no doubt that they will be amazing next year with the note 8 release.....my only samsung device currently is my galaxy tab s2 9.7

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up the V20 today for a test run and I like it right now, but I don't love it like my N7. Even the rep who helped me today said if he were in my shoes, he would just keep it as long as possible and say screw it, and just have a cheapo backup to throw my sim in if I have to travel or something happens to it. Whole talking about the V20 he basically agreed "it's a good phone, but by no means a Note", he didn't even want to upgrade his personal N5 since nothing else compared to it in his eyes.

Honestly made me feel pretty good having a carrier rep more or less say I shouldn't give it up 😂 Everyone else kept giving us awkward looks as we talked about how much we loved the 7.

Giving my V20 a test run throughout the week but at this point I still feel like it'll go back and my N7 will stay

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Of course im upgrading to the note 8...I still prefer Samsung's ecosystem and displays and have no doubt that they will be amazing next year with the note 8 release.....my only samsung device currently is my galaxy tab s2 9.7
I have the tab s2 as well but I rarely use it...I don't know maybe it's because I have 2 Samsung devices that are so similar. The only time I really use it is when I need to type something really long (I have the keyboard case for it).

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I think they will be making an absolute killing with the Note 8, if they can make it nonflammable

I have NEVER pre-ordered a device, but I think I will do just that for the N8. I think it will sell like hot cakes. I could be wrong since I've seen quite a few say because of this recall they'll wait a few weeks. I'm not waiting. I'd rather get it out the gate than be stuck waiting if it sells like crazy.

Still using my N7. Went to exchange but just couldn't give it up.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, boxed up the n7 today and handed it to the ups driver. I should be done with the note 7, I played with it before erasing it, I wanted to keep it. I am using the S7 edge now, but it's not the n7
Now I'll see if I actually get the $100 credit for staying with Samsung.

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
i use a N4 so i'm unaffected but even *i'm* still sad for everyone having to return their N7. i get really disappointed at all those dumb memes making fun of it. it actually makes me mad. it's even difficult for me to process that this happened in the first place!

Posted via the Android Central App

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, boxed up the n7 today and handed it to the ups driver. I should be done with the note 7, I played with it before erasing it, I wanted to keep it. I am using the S7 edge now, but it's not the n7
Now I'll see if I actually get the $100 credit for staying with Samsung.
My carrier told me.the 100 credit automatically applies to my account in appx 2 billing cycles.