Note 7 vs iPhone 7 Plus

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I've been an iPhone user for years and have never been inticed by an Android device... Until the Note 7. I loved the phone so much I even gave it a second chance after the first recall, but after the second recall I knew it was over. I gave the Pixel XL a chance but it didn't feel premium and gave me an odd halo effect in pictures so I returned it. I bought the Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus and will stick with this until either the Note 8 or iPhone 8 Plus next year.

What was better about the Note 7? The resolution, amoled tech, fast charging abilities, screen to phone ratio, iris scanner, and the S-Pen. These are things I miss on the Note 7.

What is better about the iPhone 7 Plus? Smoother, faster, better audio quality with regards to the speakers, faster fingerprint reader, dual camera, better apps.

Both phones have their ups and downs but besides the exploding issue I would say the Note 7 was slightly better because the things that the Note 7 were better at meant more to me. However, this may not be the case for other people and I think the 7 Plus is an amazing phone and easily the second best phone to ever grace the market. RIP Note 7... The best phone I ever had.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Still failing to see what people love about the iPhone 7s "stereo speakers" It sounds no louder than my note 7 which albeit is pretty loud but has just one speaker. Was expecting more from a dual speaker setup...

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Still failing to see what people love about the iPhone 7s "stereo speakers" It sounds no louder than my note 7 which albeit is pretty loud but has just one speaker. Was expecting more from a dual speaker setup...

Other than phone speaker mode I use Bluetooth for music , utube sounds pretty good Thur the speakers

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I keep going and looking at the 7 Plus at the apple store but I just can't bring myself to jump back into the Apple ecosystem, even if it's just temporary. Phone is admittedly fast, but there's not enough to bring me back over.

A friend of mine made the switch and it's his first iPhone, he doesn't geek out with tech too much so he loves it. But he did say the one gripe he has is the slow charging time

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Mine surprises me how quickly it charges and always makes it Thur the day even heavy multi tasking

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Ya it does charge slower than the Note 7, but the battery life is just as good... Which is impressive as the battery isn't even 3000 mAh

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I keep going and looking at the 7 Plus at the apple store but I just can't bring myself to jump back into the Apple ecosystem, even if it's just temporary. Phone is admittedly fast, but there's not enough to bring me back over.

A friend of mine made the switch and it's his first iPhone, he doesn't geek out with tech too much so he loves it. But he did say the one gripe he has is the slow charging time

He should buy an iPad charger and use it with the iPhone. Gets to about QC2.0 speeds with it. I've used my iPad charger always.

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I've been an iPhone user for years and have never been inticed by an Android device... Until the Note 7. I loved the phone so much I even gave it a second chance after the first recall, but after the second recall I knew it was over. I gave the Pixel XL a chance but it didn't feel premium and gave me an odd halo effect in pictures so I returned it. I bought the Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus and will stick with this until either the Note 8 or iPhone 8 Plus next year.

What was better about the Note 7? The resolution, amoled tech, fast charging abilities, screen to phone ratio, iris scanner, and the S-Pen. These are things I miss on the Note 7.

What is better about the iPhone 7 Plus? Smoother, faster, better audio quality with regards to the speakers, faster fingerprint reader, dual camera, better apps.

Both phones have their ups and downs but besides the exploding issue I would say the Note 7 was slightly better because the things that the Note 7 were better at meant more to me. However, this may not be the case for other people and I think the 7 Plus is an amazing phone and easily the second best phone to ever grace the market. RIP Note 7... The best phone I ever had.

I hear what you're saying and I understand your reasoning. I owned an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 Plus before I defected to the Note4. Why did I defect? Form and Function.

Allow me to get a little philosophical. I'm stereotyping here but I think it's safe to say most people are either "form" orientated or "function" orientated when it comes to smartphones. On the extreme ends of this black and white worldview some people will overlook or ignore a smartphone's functionality and specifications over design and simplicity. Most people seem to fit somewhere in this category (hence a lot of iPhone sales). On the other extreme end some people simply don't see why anyone would consider an iPhone and it's lack of functionality to be anything but a scam or a rip off. Yes the iPhone might be the most beautiful smartphone they've ever seen but if it doesn't have a microSD card slot or a detachable battery they are simply not interested. It's all about the hardware and the aesthetics don't seem to factor in the equation, or they are very low on the list of requirements when shopping for a smartphone.

I sit somewhere in the middle of this spectrum. I care a lot about design but I also care a lot about hardware specifications. When the first Note4 pictures, videos and specifications were officially released, I saw what I thought was the most aesthetically pleasing smartphone on the market at that time, with the bonus of having many hardware specifications that were unmatched at that time as well. Then looking down at the iPhone 6 Plus in my hand, I saw all bezels and antenna lines. I saw a camera bump in an inconvenient spot on the back of the phone. I saw an outdated screen quality that dates back to the iPhone 4. I saw an operating system that only became useful to me when jailbreaking it.

That is why I defected. The Note4 was for me the smartphone that gave me a level of Form and Function not seen in any other smartphone. Your jump to the Note7 was perhaps for similar reasons. After returning my Note7 (and my replacement Note7) I went back to the Note4. I considered all the other phones out there and nothing really compared to the Note7 and what I use it for. Perhaps the Note5 to a certain extent but my Note4 is still after all this time a powerhouse of a smartphone so I went on a sim only plan.

I did considered going back to iPhone and getting one of the black versions of the 7 Plus. But after careful consideration here is why I did not...

1. Aesthetically the big bezels are an eyesore to me. The thought of having to look at them everyday for the next year or two was difficult to stomach. The screen-to-phone size ratio is actually a double downgrade. Note4, Note5, Note7 all have a bigger screen and are a smaller phone. iPhone 7 Plus = smaller screen, bigger phone. It's a lose lose situation.

2. No QuadHD SuperAMOLED display. The iPhone 7 Plus screen is a sub-par screen compared to EVERY OTHER flagship smartphone of the past 2 years, including my Note4. Why apple? Why?

3. No QuickCharge. Again, this is now the standard in flagship phones and has been for a while now. Very handy for every smartphone user.

4. No wireless charging. A very simple piece of technology and extremely useful. Again, why not apple?

5. No microSD slot. With 4K video recording and high quality pictures why settle for 256gb max when you could have at least 320gb like I had on my Note7? Or at least 288gb like I have on my Note4. I think you can get 1TB class 10 sd cards and above now.

6. No sPen. This doesn't just apply to the iPhone 7 Plus but it is included. I would miss this little bundle of joy way too much.

7. Limited NFC. I've been using NFC tap and pay with my bank for the last two years on my Note4. It works everywhere. It is awesome. I don't like the idea of going back to carrying a wallet with cards around with me everywhere I go. I can't turn the chip in my credit card on/off. I can turn NFC off on my Note4 making it much more secure than any credit card with Pay Wave.

8. iOS. After spending 2 yrs with android now I've found it to be more reliable and functional than iOS ever could be. I was hesitant about android OS when I first got my Note4 but after about a month I realised this OS really is an iOS killer. Don't get me wrong, iOS serves a purpose, it's just android serves many more purposes.

Here endeth my philosophical rant.

ps. I'm now running Note7 rom on my Note4. I have the best of both worlds haha!

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm surprised you didn't like the pixel. Ive had every iPhone and every note. I went from note 7 to 7 plus. Wasn't happy so I went to the pixel. I love the pixel. The camera is sooo awesome. It's like the best of both worlds. Smooth and Android. I still miss my 7 plus but I hated not being able to customize ANYTHING. Sucked.

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
The navigation bar on the Pixel annoyed me and took up screen real estate, whenever I got a message there would never be a number hovering above the messaging app to let me know how many unread messages I had, the halo effect in the pictures I had bothered me, also I used the phone on a table a lot at work so when the screen timed out I actually had to lift the phone up to access the back instead of just using a front home button which was annoying. For those reasons I didn't like the Pixel.

Torch4x4

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I hear what you're saying and I understand your reasoning. I owned an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 Plus before I defected to the Note4. Why did I defect? Form and Function.

Allow me to get a little philosophical. I'm stereotyping here but I think it's safe to say most people are either "form" orientated or "function" orientated when it comes to smartphones. On the extreme ends of this black and white worldview some people will overlook or ignore a smartphone's functionality and specifications over design and simplicity. Most people seem to fit somewhere in this category (hence a lot of iPhone sales). On the other extreme end some people simply don't see why anyone would consider an iPhone and it's lack of functionality to be anything but a scam or a rip off. Yes the iPhone might be the most beautiful smartphone they've ever seen but if it doesn't have a microSD card slot or a detachable battery they are simply not interested. It's all about the hardware and the aesthetics don't seem to factor in the equation, or they are very low on the list of requirements when shopping for a smartphone.

I sit somewhere in the middle of this spectrum. I care a lot about design but I also care a lot about hardware specifications. When the first Note4 pictures, videos and specifications were officially released, I saw what I thought was the most aesthetically pleasing smartphone on the market at that time, with the bonus of having many hardware specifications that were unmatched at that time as well. Then looking down at the iPhone 6 Plus in my hand, I saw all bezels and antenna lines. I saw a camera bump in an inconvenient spot on the back of the phone. I saw an outdated screen quality that dates back to the iPhone 4. I saw an operating system that only became useful to me when jailbreaking it.

That is why I defected. The Note4 was for me the smartphone that gave me a level of Form and Function not seen in any other smartphone. Your jump to the Note7 was perhaps for similar reasons. After returning my Note7 (and my replacement Note7) I went back to the Note4. I considered all the other phones out there and nothing really compared to the Note7 and what I use it for. Perhaps the Note5 to a certain extent but my Note4 is still after all this time a powerhouse of a smartphone so I went on a sim only plan.

I did considered going back to iPhone and getting one of the black versions of the 7 Plus. But after careful consideration here is why I did not...

1. Aesthetically the big bezels are an eyesore to me. The thought of having to look at them everyday for the next year or two was difficult to stomach. The screen-to-phone size ratio is actually a double downgrade. Note4, Note5, Note7 all have a bigger screen and are a smaller phone. iPhone 7 Plus = smaller screen, bigger phone. It's a lose lose situation.

2. No QuadHD SuperAMOLED display. The iPhone 7 Plus screen is a sub-par screen compared to EVERY OTHER flagship smartphone of the past 2 years, including my Note4. Why apple? Why?

3. No QuickCharge. Again, this is now the standard in flagship phones and has been for a while now. Very handy for every smartphone user.

4. No wireless charging. A very simple piece of technology and extremely useful. Again, why not apple?

5. No microSD slot. With 4K video recording and high quality pictures why settle for 256gb max when you could have at least 320gb like I had on my Note7? Or at least 288gb like I have on my Note4. I think you can get 1TB class 10 sd cards and above now.

6. No sPen. This doesn't just apply to the iPhone 7 Plus but it is included. I would miss this little bundle of joy way too much.

7. Limited NFC. I've been using NFC tap and pay with my bank for the last two years on my Note4. It works everywhere. It is awesome. I don't like the idea of going back to carrying a wallet with cards around with me everywhere I go. I can't turn the chip in my credit card on/off. I can turn NFC off on my Note4 making it much more secure than any credit card with Pay Wave.

8. iOS. After spending 2 yrs with android now I've found it to be more reliable and functional than iOS ever could be. I was hesitant about android OS when I first got my Note4 but after about a month I realised this OS really is an iOS killer. Don't get me wrong, iOS serves a purpose, it's just android serves many more purposes.

Here endeth my philosophical rant.

ps. I'm now running Note7 rom on my Note4. I have the best of both worlds haha!

Nothing compares to a Note 7 that's a fact, any change is a downgrade including the iphone, so anybody can choose how to downgrade to a Note 4 or an iPhone 7 plus

In my case I choose the iPhone 7 plus over a Note 4

I'm new on iOS but I notice some advantages, unfortunately I want to make it work like an Android that creates the problem, because for instance there's no back button and that bothers me a lot, I like the back button on android but I like on the Samsung more because is not on the screen... that's why I don't choose the pixel or the v20, the little bar with back button, home, etc.

On my iPhone downloaded AirLaunch pro app and activated it on the widgets area so I can see which network or which Bluetooth my iphone is connected or to change settings instead to follow too many steps required on iphone, like on android there's an app for almost everything

also installed a Qi Wireless charger case, and the iphone is already water proof

I like a lot of things on the iphone 7, same will happen if I got the v20 or the pixel but definitively there's a downgrade from Note 7
but the iphone has a resale value in case that I want to go back when Samsung release the Note 8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08