Verizon "System Update" 11/7/16 What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeInCT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
My Note 7 is notifying me that a system update is available for install. I have the revised Note 7 with the "green battery" icon. I am not at all convinced there is a major problem with this version of the Note 7.

Anyone know what this update does? Will it brick my phone? Display messages every 60 seconds that I need to power it down and turn it in? Will it limit my battery charge to 60%? Anyone else do the install?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes I believe they have stated that an update was forthcoming to limit the battery to help collect the rest of the note7 left out there. It changed from a voluntary recall to a complete recall some time ago. I bet if this doesn't work they will simply brick it for you at some point in the future.

blackhawk77#WN

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
In the update you can click "learn more" and it will tell you exactly what it does. Warning messages while turning on, unlocking, charging and limits the charge to 60%. Also makes the battery indicator white again.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Please use the existing threads for this topic. As a reminder, all Note 7s were recalled from both batches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz