The 'Note 2' is the new Note 7

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I am, like most of us were, in love with just the outwardly design of the Note 7.
The other day I posted a Note 7 alternative, the Mate 9 Pro [Porsche], but after the official announcement not most of us can afford such a luxury.
Well now, we have yet ANOTHER Note 7 'replica'…

How to buy Mi Note 2 in UK | Xiaomi Mi Note 2 UK release date, price, specs - New Product - PC Advisor

You're welcome!
Curves are the same as S7 Edge so the design lacks the refinement of the Note7. Then there is the screen, camera, removable storage, iris scanner, and s-pen. Unfortunately there is no replacement for the Note7.

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Curves are the same as S7 Edge so the design lacks the refinement of the Note7. Then there is the screen, camera, removable storage, iris scanner, and s-pen. Unfortunately there is no replacement for the Note7.

The curves on this are closer to the Note7 actually, no way near as big as the S7 Edge. Too big for my palms. No issues with the Note7 so in theory this should ok too.

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I am, like most of us were, in love with just the outwardly design of the Note 7.
The other day I posted a Note 7 alternative, the Mate 9 Pro [Porsche], but after the official announcement not most of us can afford such a luxury.
Well now, we have yet ANOTHER Note 7 'replica'…

How to buy Mi Note 2 in UK | Xiaomi Mi Note 2 UK release date, price, specs - New Product - PC Advisor

You're welcome!

It looks great yes. The only gripe I have with it is the screen resolution and ppi. Oh and no sPen. It's close though.

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Only thing I know about Xiaomi is they make great phones and then put an OS on there that looks like Kitkat and iOS had a baby. Can you remove it and put pure Android?

Mark Valentine

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
The Galaxy Note series uses the term, "Note" for a reason. And that reason is because of the S-Pen. Any device lacking this specific piece of hardware is NO alternative for the Note 7.

For those that don't even utilize the use of the S-Pen, then the answer is easy. The S7 Edge is the replacement for the Note 7 until Samsung releases a new device.

So I'll say it again. With the exception of the Note 5. There is NO replacement for the Note 7. Plain and simple.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Even the note 5 is not an acceptable replacement for the n7. No SD card, and only 32gb storage (0 F's given about iris scan)? And that dosent even bring the differences in screen quality into the discussion...
If yer lucky, ya might be able to get a 64gb version, but my guess is, by the time they are available again (thru carriers) the s8, or n8, might be out, or at least not far enough out that I'd even bother...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair