Just received a check from Verizon

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Verizon is never quick about giving money back!

It'll probably be extra holiday cash. I have a couple of people I would like to get gifts for and some donations, too!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Argued with Tmobile today and finally hope to get it back on my card in a few days. Hopefully this isn't another LIE. Next week contacting AG office and local media if I don't get anything. Been over two months going in loops about my refund.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Argued with Tmobile today and finally hope to get it back on my card in a few days. Hopefully this isn't another LIE. Next week contacting AG office and local media if I don't get anything. Been over two months going in loops about my refund.
You paid in full on the note 7 and 2 months later still no refund? What is Tmobile saying? That's not good

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
You paid in full on the note 7 and 2 months later still no refund? What is Tmobile saying? That's not good

Yea I paid in full on Aug 4th! I returned it to the store for an S7 edge on Sept 14th. The store apparently never processed the note refund, just sold me an S7 edge, and refunded me the tax. So then 3 weeks later I call 800 number and Tforce and they say I must go to the store I returned it to and have them post void it and refund me. The store wouldn't to squat and called 800 number from in the store and they ended up giving me a bill credit saying they can't return it to my card because it was past 14 days since I returned it! The STORE is the one who screwed it up and I'm being punished. Anyways they said they would see if I could get a visa giftcard for the amount. We called corporate a week later after hearing nothing and they said they would send me a check once my Note 7 is processed at the warehouse. Apparently the store didn't send it right away. After that happened for some odd reason they gave me an 80 dollar tax refund back onto my card. We call again and they said the store screwed up and after bickering finally got them to agree to send me a check. A coupel weeks after that no check. Call back again and they said my claim was rejected for the check! Went through the process again and they requested I send my BANK statement to them! So I faxed that to them because they said they needed proof I purchased a Note 7 from Tmobile WTF?? Then we call this week and they said they have not heard back from refund department yet and said they would go ahead and refund my card back in 2-3 business days. If nothing is done by the middle of next week I will contact the Attorney general, CPSC, as well as the local media about doing a story on the Note 7 return fiasco many of us are dealing with and will go on social media and let er rip.

I've worked retail many years and this is totally unacceptable how these carriers are behaving. It seems people buying their phones from Best Buy have a bit easier return process. I will buy unlocked from them for now on or go the iPhone route and buy directly from Apple and not have to deal with carriers anymore. I wish Samsung sold the phones directly instead of that terrible third party they use. I'd buy it from them before I'd purchase another phone from Tmobile.

Because I ordered the phone is also why this is messed up more too from what I'm seeing. That is also BS because I've worked at officemax and if someone ordered a laptop for example online and came in to return it we would still process it and put it back on their charge card.

Basically every time we call Tmobile we get different responses and excuses. I love Tmobile's 4g coverage and such but their customer service is atrocious and when I get my own plan eventually I'll probably go with someone else.

I don't even want to post about it anymore it gets me worked up! I just want my 864 dollars!

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
^^ damn this sounds terrible, I would absolutely lose ... with the way they've handled it - good luck ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I received an email from Verizon on 11/17 saying my refund has been processed and on its way in 2-3 weeks. What to do with this extra cash.... :p . I will probably keep it for the Note 8 (whenever that comes out)

UPDATE: My refund was waiting in the mail when I got home. Yipee!

Last edited:

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... I still have my note 7, although I did buyand activate an s7e, and Verizon is sending me a check in 2-3 weeks...

I'm guessing that means I can just keep it? I've been waiting for a FedEx guy to deliver something so I could send it back, but haven't had any fed ex deliveries in a while...

Might make a nice note pad :D

I live an hour + from any drop offs, so no, I'm not going out of my way AGAIN for Samsung, or verizon.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Verizon is never quick about giving money back!

It'll probably be extra holiday cash. I have a couple of people I would like to get gifts for and some donations, too!
So true. I just received a credit from Verizon from September and it's almost December. Very slow on giving money back.