I now believe GN7 can catch on fire!

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I was trying to exchange my galaxy note 7 for a different phone, attempting this for WEEKS. I really didn't believe there was much of a chance of it catching fire. I do believe some few have caught on fire but I thought the probability was extremely low. My GN7 has been acting up the last couple of weeks with unexpected restarting itself. However, something happened Monday night that caused me to change my mind, shutdown my phone and stop using.

I was sitting in a movie theater with my phone on mute. All of the sudden, it started vibrating, Which it should not do on mute! It would not stop. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was continually restarting itself… at least three times. It also got very HOT! it took me a while to shut it down because the power button was not working. I had to use the power button plus the volume key to go into diagnostic mode to shut the thing down.

Anyway soon I may actually be able to exchange it but, I’m through with Samsung. Not because they had a problem with the phone or there was a recall. The way they handled it along with their partners Best Buy and Verizon I have another post about this but, Best Buy has refused to credit me the $864 I paid upfront for the phone bc UI am on prepaid and Verizon has done nothing and Samsung has done nothing despite many phone calls 7 complaints. Finally Samsung has agreed to allow me a direct exchange but, they’ve dragging their feet and delaying and giving me misinformation and claiming it was shipped: yada, yada, yada.

So, I expect within the next week or so to actually be able to exchange the phone but, as far as receiving a check for the difference in price… I'm going to probably have to fight after-the-fact but, it'll be $250 or $300 rather than a lot more. So, I decided on the galaxy S7 edge just to be able to do the Refund/Credit through Samsung direct. I also wanted a blue color which I have personally seen @ Best Buy stores but Samsung claims they don't have it, LOL.

Overall, a very bad experience and in the future when I need a new product, whatever it is, I will pretend Samsung does not exist.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow... I am sorry to hear that... from another GN7 holdout. Samsung is sorry to hear it too, I bet. I'm sure they monitor this forum. At least they should.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My Note 7 got hot and started to shut down. My finger hit record while putting it in my case. It got hot and the flash shut off and I Got a message that it was about to shut down. My phone did what it was suppose to do. It happened twice to me it it did what it was suppose to do. I am not afraid of my phone overheating by itself.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I was trying to exchange my galaxy note 7 for a different phone, attempting this for WEEKS. I really didn't believe there was much of a chance of it catching fire. I do believe some few have caught on fire but I thought the probability was extremely low. My GN7 has been acting up the last couple of weeks with unexpected restarting itself. However, something happened Monday night that caused me to change my mind, shutdown my phone and stop using.

I was sitting in a movie theater with my phone on mute. All of the sudden, it started vibrating, Which it should not do on mute! It would not stop. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was continually restarting itself… at least three times. It also got very HOT! it took me a while to shut it down because the power button was not working. I had to use the power button plus the volume key to go into diagnostic mode to shut the thing down.

Anyway soon I may actually be able to exchange it but, I’m through with Samsung. Not because they had a problem with the phone or there was a recall. The way they handled it along with their partners Best Buy and Verizon I have another post about this but, Best Buy has refused to credit me the $864 I paid upfront for the phone bc UI am on prepaid and Verizon has done nothing and Samsung has done nothing despite many phone calls 7 complaints. Finally Samsung has agreed to allow me a direct exchange but, they’ve dragging their feet and delaying and giving me misinformation and claiming it was shipped: yada, yada, yada.

So, I expect within the next week or so to actually be able to exchange the phone but, as far as receiving a check for the difference in price… I'm going to probably have to fight after-the-fact but, it'll be $250 or $300 rather than a lot more. So, I decided on the galaxy S7 edge just to be able to do the Refund/Credit through Samsung direct. I also wanted a blue color which I have personally seen @ Best Buy stores but Samsung claims they don't have it, LOL.

Overall, a very bad experience and in the future when I need a new product, whatever it is, I will pretend Samsung does not exist.

It's been just over 10 weeks since I returned my Note 7 and still no refund, just excuses and promises. Next week if it's not in my bank account as promised I'm going to write to the local news reporters and social media blitz along with going to the state attorney general.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
It's been just over 10 weeks since I returned my Note 7 and still no refund, just excuses and promises. Next week if it's not in my bank account as promised I'm going to write to the local news reporters and social media blitz along with going to the state attorney general.
To Samsung directly? Or a carrier? Not good...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
To Samsung directly? Or a carrier? Not good...

I bought directly from the carrier, Tmobile. Won't buy from a carrier again so I hope Best Buy gets the phones for tmobile someday or buy an iphone or use someone else.

Every time you call them I get runaround and more excuses. Just put the money on my card. I just want the refund for the product I returned. That's it. This must be a strategy by the providers to save money and hopefully get people to give up. Plus the store totally screwed it up too.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought directly from the carrier, Tmobile. Won't buy from a carrier again so I hope Best Buy gets the phones for tmobile someday or buy an iphone or use someone else.

Every time you call them I get runaround and more excuses. Just put the money on my card. I just want the refund for the product I returned. That's it. This must be a strategy by the providers to save money and hopefully get people to give up. Plus the store totally screwed it up too.

Wow... and as horrible as Verizon is about nearly everything, if you return the phone (which I haven't yet) you get refunded before you leave the store, as far as I know... but now I will certainly be suspect...

Was there something out of the ordinary about your particular case, as far as you know?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Wow... and as horrible as Verizon is about nearly everything, if you return the phone (which I haven't yet) you get refunded before you leave the store, as far as I know... but now I will certainly be suspect...

Was there something out of the ordinary about your particular case, as far as you know?

When I returned it to the store they didn't swap it for an S7 edge but made me purchase the S7 edge and refund the Note 7. They refunded me tax in cash and said the note 7 would return to my card. They said I don't get a receipt for the credit card portion of the Note 7 return so I never got a receipt showing I got refund. All the stores care about is making money. They got my money for the S7 edge and that is all they care about. I followed the prescribed directions given by tmobile and CPSC and I got screwed because of it. This phone should have never been recalled in the first place. They didn't recall iphones for their issues.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Have you sent a msg to T-Mobile T-Force on Twitter? That team moves mountains, trust me, on AT LEAST 3 occasions they have been able to do things that i only got "lip service" from T-Mo Cust Care...INSTANT credit for a phone THEY LOST, , adjustments, etc even wiped a stingy "bankruptcy off my record" and set me up to walk into a T-Mo store & walk out with Brandy new Iphone ZERO down, where on all other levels all i got from store AND Cust Service, "Sorry there is NOTHING we can do"....

BTC

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Have you sent a msg to T-Mobile T-Force on Twitter? That team moves mountains, trust me, on AT LEAST 3 occasions they have been able to do things that i only got "lip service" from T-Mo Cust Care...INSTANT credit for a phone THEY LOST, , adjustments, etc even wiped a stingy "bankruptcy off my record" and set me up to walk into a T-Mo store & walk out with Brandy new Iphone ZERO down, where on all other levels all i got from store AND Cust Service, "Sorry there is NOTHING we can do"....

BTC

Oh yea, tried that already, Tforce. Even they would give different responses depending on who you chat with. To their credit they did call the store for me that one time and spoke to the manager.

I had to drive nearly 40 miles each way to the store only for them to be able to have them authorize a "bill credit" Which I could have done over the phone instead of dealing with the jerk manager who wanted no part of it despite her store screwed it up.

Stores don't care. They want to make money not deal with the returns.

The store said because it was passed 14 days they couldn't do a post void. After a week when I didn't get my money I messaged Tforce about it and they said to wait up to FOUR to EIGHT weeks for my refund. If I would have just drove to the store myself instead of contacting tforce and waiting like they said maybe the store could have post voided it and "fixed it" like they claimed. Either way I worked retail before and you can still refund a card after 14 days and force it through. Total BS. If it's like Officemax if someone returned something to us if they bought it from another store or ordered it online it still hurt our sales totals but we still took them anyways.

Myself like the others who returned our devices on here followed the prescribed instructions, only to get bent over with it. I now have paid for two devices but only have one.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Myself like the others who returned our devices on here followed the prescribed instructions, only to get bent over with it. I now have paid for two devices but only have one.

Oh, sorry i read your post wrong, i didn't realize it was just the 4-8 week delay, i thought they were denying it completely.... Yes, THAT wait...omg, i feel ur pain brother!

As much as i love T-Mobile from their business model, to their service to their prices to John Legere, i will say they have the ABSOLUTE worst billing system of ANY company i have ever dealt with, they could have actually been telling you the truth, their system is sooooooo antiquated & limiting and sooooo confusing EVEN their own employess never REALLY get the hang of how to use it, so no one is ever on the same page..., it DEFINITELY needs a complete OVERHAUL, C'mon T-Mobile, this is practically 2017!

BTC

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Oh, sorry i read your post wrong, i didn't realize it was just the 4-8 week delay, i thought they were denying it completely.... Yes, THAT wait...omg, i feel ur pain brother!

As much as i love T-Mobile from their business model, to their service to their prices to John Legere, i will say they have the ABSOLUTE worst billing system of ANY company i have ever dealt with, they could have actually been telling you the truth, their system is sooooooo antiquated & limiting and sooooo confusing EVEN their own employess never REALLY get the hang of how to use it, so no one is ever on the same page..., it DEFINITELY needs a complete OVERHAUL, C'mon T-Mobile, this is practically 2017!

BTC

If I would have known you could buy the V20 unlocked directly from Amazon (not third party) like you can I would have waited a few weeks and used my S7 and simply ordered the V20 unlocked from Amazon instead of dealing with Tmobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888