List your favorite Note 7 features!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Having never owned one I can't say for sure. I will say this.... While waiting for the V20 to come out I looked at one because it caught my eye. I tried a note 7 every time I could get a moment in Best Buy or Verizon but it just never did anything for me. I was tempted to hop on the band wagon but just couldn't do it. The S pen might be one reason I could think of that might make it tempting but I couldn't see myself usung it. The reason I held out for the V20 was the Quad DAC so if the note 7 had one similar I might have jumped on it. The other thing that held me back was the sealed battery.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
64 GB or higher base internal storage
GIF creator
USB Type C without QuickCharge and with PowerDelivery (they got halfway there on this point and then screwed it up a little)
One of the top cameras, great screen, great battery life and blazing fast UI are obvious - if any of those are missing, that's just fail.

And one thing they need to remove: get rid of CleanMaster. If you put CleanMaster, which is MALWARE on devices, we're just done.

USB-C sucks because it's not compatible with the zillions of micro USB charges already out there for all the other devices. The whole benefit of micro USB was that it's compatible with everything. The S7 edge had fast charging with micro USB. Note 4 had it as a matter of fact. Sometimes I go places like the gym and ask to borrow someone's charger only realizing that the micro USB isn't compatible with the Note 7 w/o an adapter.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
USB-C sucks because it's not compatible with the zillions of micro USB charges already out there for all the other devices. The whole benefit of micro USB was that it's compatible with everything. The S7 edge had fast charging with micro USB. Note 4 had it as a matter of fact. Sometimes I go places like the gym and ask to borrow someone's charger only realizing that the micro USB isn't compatible with the Note 7 w/o an adapter.
USB C is the new standard and is more universal with more things than micro could ever be. A feature doesn't suck because not everyone has adopted it ur, Samsung was one of the last in the game to adopt it. Luckily they're fixing that going forward.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
USB C is the new standard and is more universal with more things than micro could ever be. A feature doesn't suck because not everyone has adopted it ur, Samsung was one of the last in the game to adopt it. Luckily they're fixing that going forward.

USB-C will NEVER be the standard for so many small devices including my Beats headphones and my Moto360. That's another downside of USB-C.....It's bigger. Micro USB is not just for phones. The benefit was compatibility with millions of different devices, not just phones! There really is 0 benefit for USB-C and it's annoying to have grab my adapter out of the car or have 2 different USB cords plugged into my outlet

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
USB-C will NEVER be the standard for so many small devices including my Beats headphones and my Moto360. That's another downside of USB-C.....It's bigger. Micro USB is not just for phones. The benefit was compatibility with millions of different devices, not just phones! There really is 0 benefit for USB-C and it's annoying to have grab my adapter out of the car or have 2 different USB cords plugged into my outlet
I'm sorry but it sounds like you don't know anything about USB C or USB standards. USB C and micro USB ports and connectors are very similar in size, it's their functionality that is different. If you like I can recommend some reading on the standards.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but it sounds like you don't know anything about USB C or USB standards. USB C and micro USB ports and connectors are very similar in size, it's their functionality that is different. If you like I can recommend some reading on the standards.

Did you say similar or did you same the same size. Lol USB-C is at least 20% bigger! I got both plugged into my wall nimwat. Maybe you didn't read but USB-C will never be the standard that micro USB is on all the non smartphone devices such as Beats Headphones and smart watches. NEVER. Companies and devices are going smaller not bigger.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you say similar or did you same the same size. Lol USB-C is at least 20% bigger! I got both plugged into my wall nimwat. Maybe you didn't read but USB-C will never be the standard that micro USB is on all the non smartphone devices such as Beats Headphones and smart watches. NEVER. Companies and devices are going smaller not bigger.

USB C is already the updated standard.

Heres a pic of them (outside pair)

a501b87818c0f5e718bc070b86e2155f.jpg

Where did you read that it's NEVER going to be the standard? A few companies not updated yet is not the same thing as no one is ever doing it. PC manufacturers have begun adding type C 3.1 ports and now that almost all laptops, phones tablets, products, etc, etc will be made with USB type C ports, that's how widespread adoption works. Micro USB has literally zero benefits over Type C connectors and it has zero features that C can't support. The reverse is not true, C supports faster charging, faster data, more types of signals, etc. There is no reason for a company not to adopt C now that everyone is adopting it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a source where they say that it won't ever become it or is that just your opinion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol