I just turned my Note 7 in, I'm sad. The very last possible day for returns.

Diehlirious

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

I completely understand, I just had to do the same thing with my Nexus 6p. & that screen to body ratio looked pretty amazing on the Note 7. But don't worry, I'm crossing my fingers that 2017 turns out to be a great year for smartphones. Potential bezel free phones, more dual rear cameras, foldable (maybe bendable) phones, etc.. So I would say bide your time & maybe get by w/ a cheapy for the time being. I just recently grabbed a LG X Power for $10! It was an online deal for Cricket only & it usually cost $100 but I'm real happy w/ it. 2 gb Ram, processor does the job so far & the battery is ridiculous. I get 2 to 3 days without having to charge it again. I find that amazing. The performance has been decent so far even though I have a few more apps I have download, but we'll see if it keeps up.. If you need help finding a reasonable budget phone to get by w/, lmk. I have a good eye for that stuff & once you get back to a flagship or better phone the experience should be that much funner. But I'd recommend that you at least wait to see what MWC has in store for the future. Best wishes

Last edited:

alimarie13

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Today was the last day for tmobile users to turn the Note 7 in for full credit.
How did you find out about that? I'm on tmobile with my note 7 and have not received notification about that. I've blocked the "kill" update, but I make sure to read the official notification every time it pops up--which is multiple times per day--just in case it's updated with a "return by" date. Even googling just now I couldn't find anything. Are you in the states?

alimarie13

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
Maybe because it's recalled and could catch fire. But i'm not sure.
Well, this is a superfluous post. BarfingMonkey already replied as to why. But I suppose you knew that. Perhaps you would like to buy phones for those of us who will waste our upgrade on a phone we don't want? I'll take the S7. No need for the edge, as I hate to be greedy. Thanks, love!

blewis9991

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I checked with my carrier and I have to return my note 7 Samsung.... If I want to return it. I won't... supposedly got a discount, this and that giveaway...I don't even know how much I would get back. But doesn't matter will keep it anyway. I pulled the simm and put it in my Note 5 for phone calls and turned on hotspot. This works if need be I can use Skype a whatsapp for calls, the quality is better than the cellular here (Canada). It is a not that inconvienent... Just really irratating that they have the right to damage property I own. None of the Note 7's have exploded, that was started as a possibilty that morphed into fact when the techno oped bloggers started their self righteous Cry for the safety of others. But they all fly in planes over cities, and put Junior in his car seat over the fuel tank in their cars. This return has become a flag waver for Samsung and the carriers marketing campaign.

alimarie13

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
I checked with my carrier and I have to return my note 7 Samsung.... If I want to return it. I won't... supposedly got a discount, this and that giveaway...I don't even know how much I would get back. But doesn't matter will keep it anyway. I pulled the simm and put it in my Note 5 for phone calls and turned on hotspot. This works if need be I can use Skype a whatsapp for calls, the quality is better than the cellular here (Canada). It is a not that inconvienent... Just really irratating that they have the right to damage property I own. None of the Note 7's have exploded, that was started as a possibilty that morphed into fact when the techno oped bloggers started their self righteous Cry for the safety of others. But they all fly in planes over cities, and put Junior in his car seat over the fuel tank in their cars. This return has become a flag waver for Samsung and the carriers marketing campaign.
Though I would hate to, I'd return mine if they would let me use another Samsung but not count it as my upgrade. It doesn't even matter to me if I get back what I've paid. If they would let me exchange it for an s6 edge (which is what I upgraded from) and pick up from where I was at, not counting it as my upgrade, and let me hold on to my 100$ Samsung credit until the s8 or note 8 is out, then I would turn it in. I don't have the s6 I upgraded from, or I would just go back to it. And the spare S5 I had I gave to my aunt.

My mantra is "you're not getting this phone until either you pry it from my hot, crispy hand...or they manage to brick it."

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, this is a superfluous post. BarfingMonkey already replied as to why. But I suppose you knew that. Perhaps you would like to buy phones for those of us who will waste our upgrade on a phone we don't want? I'll take the S7. No need for the edge, as I hate to be greedy. Thanks, love!

I'm in the exact same boat as the rest of you with the waste of an upgrade. I too got "burned" by this whole Note 7 fiasco. However, I am not asking people 4 months later why they turned in their recalled, defective device.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Today was the last day for tmobile users to turn the Note 7 in for full credit.

I think you made the right decision. :) I know it's tough, but it's for the better. Unless you keeping the phone as a collectors item and you don't mind spending $600+ for something that's just going to sit on your counter gather dust. It's best to take it in.

Additionally, it's a genuine risk to your health if you use it. What device are you getting to replace it? :D

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Only reason I even made it out of this fiasco is because I have two lines. I upgraded the second line to an S7 Edge which for lack of a better term is TERRIBLE. Activated my Note Edge (why I NEVER turn in old phones) as my main and will be giving Sprint back their phone N7. It's jacked up because if and I mean IF I didn't have my Note Edge to fall back on, I would be in the same boat as alot of people which is waste an upgrade on a phone that you don't need or want.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It's jacked up because if and I mean IF I didn't have my Note Edge to fall back on, I would be in the same boat as alot of people which is waste an upgrade on a phone that you don't need or want.

And this is the part of the process that's so much rubbish about this whole thing. There should have been three options:
1. Full refund, get your upgrade back, use it if you want
2. Full refund, get your upgrade back, pay the trade in value you got from your old device to get a new or refurb of your old device (or something of like value if that doesn't exist)
3. Full refund, do not get your upgrade back, they give you the upgrade value (whatever the discount is) so you can go BYOD shopping elsewhere

alimarie13

Jan 17, 2017
Visit site
And this is the part of the process that's so much rubbish about this whole thing. There should have been three options:
1. Full refund, get your upgrade back, use it if you want
2. Full refund, get your upgrade back, pay the trade in value you got from your old device to get a new or refurb of your old device (or something of like value if that doesn't exist)
3. Full refund, do not get your upgrade back, they give you the upgrade value (whatever the discount is) so you can go BYOD shopping elsewhere
Yes- exactly! I just bought a note 5 on ebay to have on hand for when all of the "work-arounds" are no longer working. It just aggravates me that I'll be missing out on the 75$ Samsung credit just bc I'd rather wait for the note 8 instead of wasting it on an s7, which will be "old" and available at a discount in a couple of months.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Only reason I even made it out of this fiasco is because I have two lines. I upgraded the second line to an S7 Edge which for lack of a better term is TERRIBLE. Activated my Note Edge (why I NEVER turn in old phones) as my main and will be giving Sprint back their phone N7. It's jacked up because if and I mean IF I didn't have my Note Edge to fall back on, I would be in the same boat as alot of people which is waste an upgrade on a phone that you don't need or want.

What's an upgrade anyway? I buy my phones outright and keep, give away or sell them as I see fit once I tire of them.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
What's an upgrade anyway? I buy my phones outright and keep, give away or sell them as I see fit once I tire of them.

I'm going back to that. I never had a contract in the past dating back to the Touch Pro. I'm not sure why I switched? I would sell the old phone for a good price.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I never purchase my phones outright. I prefer to pay on it as I use it. If I decide to keep it (as with all my phones) I simply pay the balance off.

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Oh yes, that way if it fails, it's on them That's my way way also, except for this N5 I had to have. Crossing my fingers, but if it fails, I'll buy a S7. Keep that for a spare. Did I mention I love Samsung coming for APPLE many years ago.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh yes, that way if it fails, it's on them That's my way way also, except for this N5 I had to have. Crossing my fingers, but if it fails, I'll buy a S7. Keep that for a spare. Did I mention I love Samsung coming for APPLE many years ago.

Exactly. That's why I kept my N7 for so long. When you outright buy a phone, you run the risk of not being refunded the amount of the phone if something happens or having to wait 6 months for the refund. With my N7 I MAY have made 2 payments on it before it was recalled. The upgrade was automatically refunded. Either way, I win.