Verizon will block Note7 holdouts from placing calls, may bill them for the phone's full price

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
When the next Note 7 phone catches fire and damages something it will be interesting to see who is to blame for the damages. I would not like to be that person.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I guess that i'm just a pessimist at heart. I believe that the Note 7 holdouts are just in it for the possibility of getting big bucks for that phone, sometime in the future. They have had more than enough time to "trade in or trade up". Whatever happens to them, they deserve.:p

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how you can be charged for a phone that has been rendered useless.
If someone has elected to keep the phone after numerous requests to return it and numerous notifications that it will be disabled... Why not?

They've been reimbursed for the phone up front - essentially having a "free ride" for the past several months.

Now the bill has come due... Either return the device immediately (which really is Samsung's at this point) or pay for essentially what is or will be a bricked device.

There is no "free" phone here...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Asa reminder: If you have been reimbursed and still have it, that's fraud. Please do not promote fraud within the forums.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site

Why? You have the device, and have been told to return the device. You signed a contract for the device so Verizon will now enforce the contract. They are tired of playing games with the few holdouts.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

And I don't see how you think the phone is free for you just because of the recall when they said countless times to return and get all your money back for... well months now. It still cost them to make the phone -- they want them back. If you want to keep then sure keep it but you will pay for it just like everything else in life.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Its funny that you just assume I have the phone. Yes, I did have one and so did my wife. They were sent back and she has the Samsung Edge and I have a Google Pixel. I was just making a comment regarding how a company could charge you for something they are going to brick. Rather and assuming and attacking you could simply comment and make your case.

Anyway, I done here and done with the rude attacks that people are making here. Especially disappointing coming from a mod team leader.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They can because they HAVE to. They're obligated to recover costs incurred per legally binding agreements. That said, they're offering a refund for returning it, so they only way the consumer can "lose" is if they choose to.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Its funny that you just assume I have the phone. Yes, I did have one and so did my wife. They were sent back and she has the Samsung Edge and I have a Google Pixel. I was just making a comment regarding how a company could charge you for something they are going to brick. Rather and assuming and attacking you could simply comment and make your case.

Anyway, I done here and done with the rude attacks that people are making here. Especially disappointing coming from a mod team leader.

When did I attack you? I definitely didn't mean to make it seem like that. I simply said a recall doesn't equal a free phone. Even if you don't have one for the sake of the discussion.. recall doesn't mean free. They gave people plenty of time to return to get their money and if they don't want that then they have to pay for the phone. They still paid to manufacture them. The difference here I believe is Verizon refunded automatically and some may have assumed it was free. With T-Mobile they kept my EIP (payment plan) open until they got the phone back so I knew it was going down that path. I returned and got all my money back.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech