Verizon will block Note7 holdouts from placing calls, may bill them for the phone's full price

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Wifi calling...these people are truly idiots. Well that is until these phones become collectors items in 15 years and they sell for $100k each.

asbarrett

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Who the hell is still holding onto these things? I'm waiting for the whiners to cry about being charged the full price of the phone after being refunded. Give it up.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
People who still have these: you have proved your point. There's nothing left to gain by keeping these. You are only hurting yourself, give it up lol

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Based on the response and stance from Verizon in the various articles... They are quickly moving from minimizing impact of their note 7 user base to now stating "The recalled Note 7s pose a safety risk to our customers and those around them."

It'll be interesting to see how quickly the remaining holdouts turn in their devices when faced with the reality that Verizon will be charging them full price for the device as well as blocking service on their network.

I'd expect the other carriers to quickly follow suit.

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
After this news, I'm just waiting for Samsung to send over a 'security patch' that will disable Wi-Fi so the device would truly be useless.

And I agree, I'm all about watching for the tweets and posts about how people are getting charged the full retail for the device. It's going to be hilarious! It's a GLOBAL recall people... Not just 'if you feel like it"...

bdelio

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Verizon wont take our note 7s back. They keep saying to take it to Sam's club. We've tried but they don't want it also. They noted our account. We'll see if they try to charge us.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Verizon wont take our note 7s back. They keep saying to take it to Sam's club. We've tried but they don't want it also. They noted our account. We'll see if they try to charge us.
If you purchased at Sam's club, take it into Sam's club. They don't have a choice in this matter. Call Samsung corporate of you run into any issues.

Here is the text that Sam's club was sending out about it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=719934&p=5426406&viewfull=1#post5426406

The only issue you may run into is that you're over three months late on the turn in.

doornbos60

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
I love my note 7. They will have to kill it before I go back to my note 5. I use the note 5 when flying though. I'm ok endangering my own things, but not others. Oh, and my carrier is at&t, so I'm off the hook for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs