Why Can't Samsung Re-Issue Note 7 With Right-Sized Battery?

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The note 7 is done, never coming back out. Could they use the design for a future phone? Maybe. But despite what you keep hearing, they will never bring the note 7 out ever again. As much as we all want to get it back, we have to face the music, it's done.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The note 7 is done, never coming back out. Could they use the design for a future phone? Maybe. But despite what you keep hearing, they will never bring the note 7 out ever again. As much as we all want to get it back, we have to face the music, it's done.

Wait for Note 8
if you cant wait that long get the S8 :)

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Even if Samsung were to re-release refurbished Note 7s, the FAA would never allow them back on airplanes. So just get over it.

wolfedude88

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

Looks like you might be wrong, doesn't look like US but it appears they are bringing it back by June to other countries. At least according to all new rumors that came out just now

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So this is interesting, Likely not something anyone would gain anything from in any country that the N7 was banned/recalled but at least they will will not go completely to waste.
Refurbished Galaxy Note 7 could be heading to India and Vietnam | Android Central

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

WHY? Why did you have to publish that link when I finally thought this Forum was finally dead. Do you know how many people will get renewed hope, even though the majority of us KNOW it will never make it here to North America or Europe? Oh God, here we go again! :-[

(And for the record, I really LOVED the Note 7 and am waiting very patiently for the Note 8)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
WHY? Why did you have to publish that link when I finally thought this Forum was finally dead. Do you know how many people will get renewed hope, even though the majority of us KNOW it will never make it here to North America or Europe? Oh God, here we go again! :-[

(And for the record, I really LOVED the Note 7 and am waiting very patiently for the Note 8)
It won't make it anywhere ... Better to let it rest in pieces and look forward to the next generation.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
So my take on this is while potentially interesting, If true it's completely meaningless to anyone in a country where the N7 was Banned/Recalled. because it's really unlikely that any bans or restrictions would ever be lifted. I have to agree that it's better to focus on the next generation of the Note.
(Something else to consider, if it was true and someone with a legitimate re-released device even if re-branded as something else could have problems if they traveled to a location with bans/restrictions in place)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So my take on this is while potentially interesting, If true it's completely meaningless to anyone in a country where the N7 was Banned/Recalled. because it's really unlikely that any bans or restrictions would ever be lifted. I have to agree that it's better to focus on the next generation of the Note.
(Something else to consider, if it was true and someone with a legitimate re-released device even if re-branded as something else could have problems if they traveled to a location with bans/restrictions in place)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

There's also a danger of a third party market that Samsung wants nothing to do with. If these are for sale and people still have the old ones and sell those pretending they are the new ones, that could lead to what people believe to be the new ones burning and Samsung would be in a world of hurt. The follow up story about it being some fool who got duped with an original Note 7 won't hit anywhere near as many readers as the story of, "re-released Note 7's still exploding".

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
There's also a danger of a third party market that Samsung wants nothing to do with. If these are for sale and people still have the old ones and sell those pretending they are the new ones, that could lead to what people believe to be the new ones burning and Samsung would be in a world of hurt. The follow up story about it being some fool who got duped with an original Note 7 won't hit anywhere near as many readers as the story of, "re-released Note 7's still exploding".
Yeah, the larger article mentioned something about a new case too, which would make it more difficult on the older Note 7 owners to sell theirs, if indeed they do that, but who knows. The whole thing is another cluster dum dee dee dumm dumm! Can't we just close the Note 7 Forum and buy our Note 8's... come on Samsung... just release the damned things, please?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the larger article mentioned something about a new case too, which would make it more difficult on the older Note 7 owners to sell theirs, if indeed they do that, but who knows. The whole thing is another cluster dum dee dee dumm dumm! Can't we just close the Note 7 Forum and buy our Note 8's... come on Samsung... just release the damned things, please?

Should be around 7 months out from the Note 8 right?