Would you buy a refurbished Note 7?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know 'LineKill', I have sworn up and down too many times to count that the Note 7 was the BEST phone I have ever owned. However, I'm going to have to say "No" and wait - like Aquila stated "Worst phone of 2016 doesn't deserve a 4th chance" and though I would rather say "The worst Smartphone debacle of 2016" because the phone itself was awesome aside from the battery issue!

I would agree with you, but the battery debacle was part of the device - call it build quality or quality control or whatever, and it just wasn't there. And it sucks, because if that hadn't have happened, that would have been one of the best devices of 2016. I probably would have put it behind the iPhone 7+ and the Pixel XL, but it's right up there with them.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Would you wait and see what the Note 8 has to offer or is the Note 7 good enough for you and you would jump all over it? Keep in mind the Note 7R woud also come with a much lower price tag.

Samsung says the Note 7R will never come to Canada or the US, but who knows for sure¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would like to see what the Note 8 has to offer first myself.

I would be happy if they just updated the internals with the same Note 7 body and called it a dayツ
Sure, why not, I loved that phone, battery issue fixed....bring it own

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
But you'd pay money for it instead of getting one of the many better devices out there?
What many devices are our there that are better, also considering the lower price it would selling for? Or are you talking about the phones yet to be released this year?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What many devices are our there that are better, also considering the lower price it would selling for? Or are you talking about the phones yet to be released this year?

Well step 1 is "works in and for sale in the US and won't get you arrested for carrying while traveling". But with or without that requirement:

Pixel XL, iPhone 7+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, LG G6, possibly LG V20, possibly OnePlus 3T, depending on your carrier.

Including those unreleased so far... Note 8, iPhone whatever they're going to call it, Moto Z Force 2, Moto Z Play 2, Pixel XL 2, etc, etc.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well step 1 is "works in and for sale in the US and won't get you arrested for carrying while traveling". But with or without that requirement:

Pixel XL, iPhone 7+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, LG G6, possibly LG V20, possibly OnePlus 3T, depending on your carrier.

Including those unreleased so far... Note 8, iPhone whatever they're going to call it, Moto Z Force 2, Moto Z Play 2, Pixel XL 2, etc, etc.

It probably will not come to the US, this is just an "if it did" scenario. It will have a designated R for traveling.

I consider the iPhone 7 in a different class of phone, it may be better in some ways, but I prefer Android. I don't think it is better than any of the other current phones. The S8 being the closest, but I would rather have the Note 7 than the S8, just my preferenceツ

Yes, any unreleased phones should be better👍

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
It would be something to consider if the price is right. But not right now. I waiting for the Note 8.
It won't even be any competition for the Note 8. I am sure that some people would benefit if the Note 7 was released here, but not myselfツ

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely not. Worst phone of 2016 doesn't deserve a 4th chance IMO. Maybe if it was $100, but even then, the S8+ seems to be a better device in every way that isn't an S-Pen. I can definitely wait to see what the Note 8 brings.

4th chance? Wouldn't it be a 3rd chance? Not trying to be smart. Just asking in case I missed something.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
4th chance? Wouldn't it be a 3rd chance? Not trying to be smart. Just asking in case I missed something.
First shot was the release, then strike two and three were the two recalls and this would be a 4th. I guess we could call this three. I'm a little bitter on the Note 7, because that's the first Samsung phone I've wanted in like 5 years and well ... It didn't go well.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
It would be something to consider if the price is right. But not right now. I waiting for the Note 8.
You just got a new phone, you shouldn't be considering anything right now! I just might go ahead and do an intervention and enroll you in the Infinity Upgraders Relief Program myself😉

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
First shot was the release, then strike two and three were the two recalls and this would be a 4th. I guess we could call this three. I'm a little bitter on the Note 7, because that's the first Samsung phone I've wanted in like 5 years and well ... It didn't go well.

Oh ok. Thanks. Yeah I hear ya. If the note7 didn't fail then I probably wouldn't be using v20, s6 edge plus or note5. And I probably wouldn't go for note8 when it comes out cause I loved both note7 I went thru. But I got over it and accepted it. I was going to try s8+ but I can't cause I love the note series. I know I hope the note8 has the blue color

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
You just got a new phone, you shouldn't be considering anything right now! I just might go ahead and do an intervention and enroll you in the Infinity Upgraders Relief Program myself😉
Lol! Oh yeah I forgot. Glad I enrolled so I could get the timely updates.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
at this stage I doubt I would bother unless it was really cheap, Note 8 isn't that far away now and I already waited for the Note 5 which I was dissapointed in and didn't bother with, then I waited for the Note 7 which was basically recalled the same day as they launched it here in Ireland so for another few months I'm happy to stick with my trusted Note 4 that have served me so well for the last few years

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie