First Thread! Woo! So Phone Capabilities??[POLL]

Do you want the GN8.0 to have phone abilities?

• Total voters

kris.richards

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I honestly can't see anyone holding an 8 inch tablet up to their head to talk on the phone.. might be more realistic with a bluetooth but still.. I'm happy with my note 2 for now. Does everyone want to see this thing with phone capabilities or not?

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this thing is going to have calling capability in the U.S. That's just my guess. Interestingly, all Samsung tablets (except for the original 10.1 and 8.9) sold here in Asia (and maybe Europe) can be used as phones. That includes the Tab 2 10.1 and Note 10.1. And I have seen a couple people hold 7 in. Tabs to their heads to talk. I've used my 7.0 plus as a phone a couple of times in the privacy of my home, but only on speaker phone.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Confused as to why this is in the phone section and not the tablet section...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Personally I don't see why a device this big would even be given phone capabilities.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

toneytone

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I really want to downgrade to one device. I hated that sprint never allowed phone capabilities for the original tab. I'm hopping someone on any platform allows this for the US market. I don't think it will have a negative affect on phone sales.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Would prefer it not to. My primary device is a Windows Phone and given my HEAVY Microsoft integration it plans to stay that way. The GNote 8.0 will be the replacement to my HTC Flyer, as a note-taking, lightweight productivity device. I have a MacBook Pro running Windows 8 and Mac OSX Mountain Lion for the heavy productivity and for the most intense tasks... I have a Windows 8 desktop PC. Would be nice if there was a click in keyboard for it too, but that's a minor inconvenience.

shiltz

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I can't find any reason to get a 8 without phone support as the only reason I would even get it is to replace my phone, most people hardly talk on their smartphones anyways, I know I don't, my phone is really nothing more than a texting an internet device, and the few times I do use my phone is hands free in my car, so a larger phone would be better all around cause having two separate devices sucks, the only better solution is the Asus padfone that we don't get in the US, if we did that would be my phone, barring that the note 8 with call capability is the next best option, without phone capability though I see note reason in getting the note 8 over the note 10.1, especially given that you can find the note 10.1 for only $10 more than the note 8.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't find any reason to get a 8 without phone support as the only reason I would even get it is to replace my phone, most people hardly talk on their smartphones anyways, I know I don't, my phone is really nothing more than a texting an internet device, and the few times I do use my phone is hands free in my car, so a larger phone would be better all around cause having two separate devices sucks, the only better solution is the Asus padfone that we don't get in the US, if we did that would be my phone, barring that the note 8 with call capability is the next best option, without phone capability though I see note reason in getting the note 8 over the note 10.1, especially given that you can find the note 10.1 for only $10 more than the note 8.

It doesnt have "built-in" phone support that doesnt mean you cant use it just like you use your phone. I found a nifty app called tablet talk. With the app on your phone and on your tablet you join the 2 over bluetooth or wifi. Now I can send and receive texts on my tablet and make calls as well. Works perfectly. Whats more is after the 2 are joined you can import all your contacts straight to your tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Tdc02

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
It doesnt have "built-in" phone support that doesnt mean you cant use it just like you use your phone. I found a nifty app called tablet talk. With the app on your phone and on your tablet you join the 2 over bluetooth or wifi. Now I can send and receive texts on my tablet and make calls as well. Works perfectly. Whats more is after the 2 are joined you can import all your contacts straight to your tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

How is the battery on the Note 8 hold up with this apps? Since I got my GN8, I've use Mighty Text on my S3 and GN8 to keep SMS in sync. I will try this out since it have SMS and make calls over BT or WIFI.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech