Galaxy Note 8.0 Specs

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
The full specs can be found right here, but this is the short list for hardware nerds:

• Processor: 1.6 GHz quad-core Exynos
  • Display: 8-inch WXGA display (1280x800 at 189 ppi)
  • Operating system: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Camera: 5 megapixel (rear), 1.3-megapixels (front)
  • Memory/Storage: 2GB RAM, 32/64GB storage; microSD card (up to 64 GB)
  • Dimensions: 210.8 x 135.9 x 7.95
  • Weight: 338 grams
  • Battery: 4,600 mAh
  • Physical home button and capacitive menu and back buttons
What say ye?

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Screen resolution could be a bit better. Otherwise, sounds good. Except for the fact it's ugly. I have to upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus. It may have to be the Note 8.0, but let's see specs on the Tab 3 7 first (if there is one.)

Oh, and how long will the Note 8.0 forum be under phones instead of tablets where it belongs?

skyscraper101

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Given that the Galaxy Note 8 is going to be limited in the US to the WIFI only model at first - as noted by PC Mag - the specs I'm most concerned with are the frequency bands of the international variant.

The Galaxy Note 8 will initially be available in a Wi-Fi model in the U.S. and an HSPA+ 21 3G model in the rest of the world, Samsung reps said. It'll come in the second quarter of this year. They didn't give a price.
Hands On With the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Here are the frequency bands for mobile data on the Note 8:
Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps (850/900/1900/2100)

So it looks like it won't be able to operate on US TMobile HSPA+ which requires 1700/2100 MHz :(

So, will the international variant work on any US network? And what will the US get?

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Screen resolution could be a bit better. Otherwise, sounds good. Except for the fact it's ugly. I have to upgrade from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus. It may have to be the Note 8.0, but let's see specs on the Tab 3 7 first (if there is one.)

Oh, and how long will the Note 8.0 forum be under phones instead of tablets where it belongs?

I have the Tab 7 Plus (and also have the original Tab), passed on the Tab 2 (which was a cost-based features corner cutting tab vs. the 7 Plus). The S-Pen capability, and associated apps & productivity/UI enhancements that come with it are the deal maker for me. So much so that even slightly superior hardware specs such as higher screen resolution or better proc that MIGHT come with a Tab 3 7.0 (if there even is one) would not sway me from the Note 8.0.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The full specs can be found right here, but this is the short list for hardware nerds:

• Processor: 1.6 GHz quad-core Exynos
  • Display: 8-inch WXGA display (1280x800 at 189 ppi)
  • Operating system: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Camera: 5 megapixel (rear), 1.3-megapixels (front)
  • Memory/Storage: 2GB RAM, 32/64GB storage; microSD card (up to 64 GB)
  • Dimensions: 210.8 x 135.9 x 7.95
  • Weight: 338 grams
  • Battery: 4,600 mAh
  • Physical home button and capacitive menu and back buttons
What say ye?

Where did you find the specs that the new Samsung 8 tablet might have up to 64GB of internal storage space? Or did I mis-read that? I would love to have huge internal storage space! I'm so tired of my current Samsung devices having only 16GB of internal storage, such as my Note 2 phone and Samsung 7.7 Tab. Yeah, yeah, I know about the external micro-SD card, which I already have the Sandisk Ultra 64GB card in each device. I want a much larger internal storage space so I can fill up my device with more apps, especially large apps like high-def games and such. Plus I don't want to root, unless forced to, for trying to resolve the problem of small internal storage. Given the fact that Apple has already announced a huge 128GB internal storage for their high end iPad, I don't see why Samsung can't up their own storage space. I would gladly fork over another $100 Benjamin Franklin for more space! More internal storage space please!! Samsung, are you listening?!?!? As you can tell by my ranting, this one issue is my biggest peeve about Samsung. Otherwise, I'm really enjoying my Samsung gadgets.

I went to the official Samsung website, but could not find any mention of official specs.
Samsung U.S. News

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
This looks to be the International version, but I would think all specs except for the "Bearer" would stay the same. Specifications / Samsung GALAXY Note 8.0

Looks like offered with 16 or 32 internal and microSD upto 64.

And nothing about NFC either... grr... I was hoping for my next tab to have NFC, I wanted to play around with me, set up an "Android Signal" linking to say my Facebook fanpage and invite people to go to it by tapping with their NFC enabled smartphone. Heck, I could bugger around and see what Android-Windows things I can do.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This looks to be the International version, but I would think all specs except for the "Bearer" would stay the same. Specifications / Samsung GALAXY Note 8.0

Looks like offered with 16 or 32 internal and microSD upto 64.

Thanks for the link. Looks hopeful there might be a 64GB of internal storage model. Also, I really like the fact that the Samsung 8 Tab appears to have a micro-USB outlet for battery charging, makes things way more convenient since it's the same cord that also charges my Samsung Note 2 phone. Am I reading this correctly? It does use the common micro-USB charging cord that is the same for many Android smartphones? I currently have the Samsung 7.7 Tab by Verizon, and I dis-like the proprietary charging cable that attaches to the tablet. I end up having to spend extra money buying additional charging cables to keep at work and in the car. I'm guessing the micro-USB charging method might be slower to charge the tablet to 100% full (versus the proprietary cable/charger), but I find this to be a fair trade-off that I would accept. I'm making this guess based on the comments I've read about the Nexus 7 tablet being slow to charge which also uses a micro-USB charging cable. EDIT: By the way, I also have the Lenova A2109 Android tablet which uses a micro-USB charger, and I find that it charges the tablet adequately, especially if you leave it plugged in overnight. Okay, okay, okay, my 2nd peeve about Samsung is their proprietary charging cable outlet, haha!

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is hopeful that there will be a model with 64GB of internal memory. I'm taking internal to mean what it comes with and not factoring in the microSD slot. It seems that there will be two models with either 16GB or 32GB internal memory and then you can add any sized microSD card up to 64GB to expand it. You did read it right about the microUSB slot and I am very excited for that. I wish that would have been highlighted more and I think a Samsung should get a little more kudos on that to encourage this sort of setup on all their devices.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

what the heck? i have the note 2 and think its awesome looking. i was stoked that the note 8 had the same look. i'm not getting the "ugly" comments. and i have to say i love having the physical home button. but i guess thats just me.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
what the heck? i have the note 2 and think its awesome looking. i was stoked that the note 8 had the same look. i'm not getting the "ugly" comments. and i have to say i love having the physical home button. but i guess thats just me.

I agree with the physical home button. That button, being on the face of the tab, makes it easier to wake the tab in the car if you are using it for music or whatever rather than trying to feel around the edge of the tab for the on/off switch.

somdave2005

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the Galaxy Note 8.0 owns the competitive specs compared to iPad Mini and Nexus 7, but Google and Apple will reportedly upgrade their tablets in 2013, so then?

The new ipad mini and next gen Nexus 7 will be competitive with the Note 8.0. The only reason to get the Note 8.0 is if you want the S-pen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87