Im getting it!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I love my note 2. If its basically the same as the note 2 just bigger then it will soon replace my Ipad 2. Im so tired of my istuff. Anyone else?

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
As soon as it's out, in getting one. I love my 7.0 but I want more speed. The only thing that would deter me is if I cannot use my dock with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Not looking good to me at all and the software looked really buggy and slow don't see a point to it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Buggy and slow? Did we watch the same video that is here on AC? I didnt see abything that was slow. Its essentially the same as the note 2 and that isnt slow at all.

Sent via Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I am interested! Will wait to see what pops at Google IO. On the video, that tablet was super smooth and the s pen could be used on the soft key and for just about everything on the screen.

Last edited:

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, about the only thing that looked like a step backward is the rear camera. Once again, just like the Tab 2, they got rid of the LED Flash to save $ (it actually does come in handy sometimes) so I will miss that. But otherwise, this is the tab I have been waiting for.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, about the only thing that looked like a step backward is the rear camera. Once again, just like the Tab 2, they got rid of the LED Flash to save $ (it actually does come in handy sometimes) so I will miss that. But otherwise, this is the tab I have been waiting for.

Yea but how many people take pictures with a tablet? I went to kid rock concert this past summer and there were a few with ipads taking pictures and video. They honestly looked like fools to me. As long as it functions great as a tablet and it cost somewhere near 300, im gonna get one. Ill use my phone for pictures for the forseeable future.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

I don't need my tab for taking pictures (even though it would have been nice). Seems like the camera on this is on par with my HTC Flyer. Plus with the S-Suite I look set with this tab. I've got a Nokia Lumia 920 with PureView for taking photos (and I love that phone).

lordwalker

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Really looking forward to getting one of these..
But why in can't all companies give release dates and pricing info when they officially "announce" their products?!? Ugh!

ugahairydawgs

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what the price will be like? Hopefully competitive to the iPad Mini! If so, it'll be a very tough call between this and the new Surface RT if it's 7-8" with stylus support!

I really think it needs to come in under the iPad Mini price point to have a shot at success on any sort of wide scale. The screen on this thing is going to be....okay. Conversely, conventional wisdom says that this year's iPad Mini is going to get a retina screen. If they both drop around the same time and have the same price point, most people are probably going to jump on with the iPad.

I think a great opening spot for the Note 8 would be $279 for the 16GB wifi only model. Putting it $50 under the iPad would really give a lot of people a moment's pause when making their purchase....even with the retina screen. $299 would be the top end I think they could price it and still have a shot at wide success. Anything more than that and the option goes back to being between the iPad mini, Kindle Fire or the Nexus 7.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Any idea what the price will be like? Hopefully competitive to the iPad Mini! If so, it'll be a very tough call between this and the new Surface RT if it's 7-8" with stylus support!

Samsung is not known for good pricing out of the gate, but who knows. Galaxy Note 10 with 16GB is $499. I'd guess $299 for the 16GB version as a starting point, which would be a great price in my opinion, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I would say avoid the Surface RT as far as a tablet goes, apps are not there yet, and the RT version of Windows is kinda half-baked from what I've read. But I am only guessing, I have not used it to any great extent (10 minutes in Best Buy is all I've done), so I could be very wrong as far as RT is concerned. I'm actually chomping at the bit to replace my 4 year old Dell laptop with the Surface Pro.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I really think it needs to come in under the iPad Mini price point to have a shot at success on any sort of wide scale. The screen on this thing is going to be....okay. Conversely, conventional wisdom says that this year's iPad Mini is going to get a retina screen. If they both drop around the same time and have the same price point, most people are probably going to jump on with the iPad.

I think a great opening spot for the Note 8 would be $279 for the 16GB wifi only model. Putting it $50 under the iPad would really give a lot of people a moment's pause when making their purchase....even with the retina screen. $299 would be the top end I think they could price it and still have a shot at wide success. Anything more than that and the option goes back to being between the iPad mini, Kindle Fire or the Nexus 7.

I think you nailed it.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I agree with your pricing analysis - but neither the Fire nor the Nexus 7 have a provision for adding storage (no microSD slot = show stopper) plus the Fire has additional limitations that make it less useful as an all-around device (but the best device if your main focus is extracting Amazon content) so IMO neither can compete with the Note 8.0 (or any recent 7-8 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab predecessor for that matter). I have no interest in entering the apple walled sheeple garden either so that eliminates the mini.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't need my tab for taking pictures (even though it would have been nice). Seems like the camera on this is on par with my HTC Flyer. Plus with the S-Suite I look set with this tab. I've got a Nokia Lumia 920 with PureView for taking photos (and I love that phone).

It wasn't so much that I wanted it for pictures, but the LED flash comes in handy as a video light and the led itself as a general light source (i.e., flashlight or light source for a separate camera) in a pinch.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I enjoy my current N7, but honestly, in a tab this size the onscreen buttons annoy me. It's just a big strip of wasted space. Using my GSIII since it released has made me appreciate having a physical home button on the front face.

$299 for the 16GB version is my top limit. At or below that price and I'll be looking to give the N7 to the kids.

-Suntan