Im getting it!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't so much that I wanted it for pictures, but the LED flash comes in handy as a video light and the led itself as a general light source (i.e., flashlight or light source for a separate camera) in a pinch.

Good point, but doesn't your phone have an LED flash on it too (or if you've got the HTC 7 Mozart/Nokia N8, a Xenon flash)? Couldn't that be used?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I already have a Samsung 7.7 Tab that I recently bought from Verizon for $349.99 new. I rather like it a lot, I simply use my home wifi for internet tethering instead of the built-in 4g sim card. Is there any real compelling reason to get the Samsung 8 versus my 7.7 tablet? I already have the Verizon Samsung Note 2 phone which I like a lot, but only use the very cool stylus pen once in awhile. I don't really see myself being a heavy stylus pen user even if I had the Samsung 8 tablet. -Casey

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I already have a Samsung 7.7 Tab that I recently bought from Verizon for $349.99 new. I rather like it a lot, I simply use my home wifi for internet tethering instead of the built-in 4g sim card. Is there any real compelling reason to get the Samsung 8 versus my 7.7 tablet? I already have the Verizon Samsung Note 2 phone which I like a lot, but only use the very cool stylus pen once in awhile. I don't really see myself being a heavy stylus pen user even if I had the Samsung 8 tablet. -Casey

If you're not going to use the Spen, no there's probably not much of a reason to switch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
At $299 I am in. Not sure why I keep entertaining thoughts of getting the international model...I have perfectly good phones but the thought of being able to use this as a phone has me intrigued...not sure why... was always in the "no micro SD card no way" and even after my 32 GB Nexus 7 which has more than enough storage. It was only after I got my Nexus 4 16GB that I discovered the ways of the cloud. Google Drive, Box.com, Google Play music etc. really do work well! Of course having unlimited (5GB) data helps. Not having a micro SD slot will not keep me from getting future Nexus phones or other devices.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Good point, but doesn't your phone have an LED flash on it too (or if you've got the HTC 7 Mozart/Nokia N8, a Xenon flash)? Couldn't that be used?

Yes. I have an EVO but might not have it on me as I'm futzing around the house or if I wanted to go all in using the Note 8 as my phone too. To be clear, I wasn't saying this was a show stopper by any stretch of the imagination, just pointing it out as I've seen Samsung sacrifice this sometimes handy feature on the Tab 2 (vs. the similarly spec'd Tab 7 Plus) as an obvious cost saving measure. There is NO WAY lack of an LED flash/video light on the Note 8 would keep me from getting one. I consider the lack of a microSD card slot on the Nexus 7 a deal breaker, however, even with the higher PPI display (vs. the Note 8).

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
If you're getting the 8.0 for calls too, I highly recommend Bluetooth headsets, It'll save backlash later.:)

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums