Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By somdave2005
  • 1 Post By unashamedgeek
  • 1 Post By ScandaLeX
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default When can I buy this thing?

Seriously, I thought they would come out with pricing and availability for this last night.

When can I order/walk in and buy this thing?

-Suntan

Default Re: When can I buy this thing?

I think we are all waiting for that. The only release information I have seen is for Australia: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Australian Pricing And Release Dates Revealed | Gizmodo Australia
    Thanked by:

$459 Australian is $$476 US dollars! If they are trying to sell it for > $400 in the US, this thing will flop big time!

Quote Originally Posted by somdave2005 View Post
    $459 Australian is $$476 US dollars! If they are trying to sell it for > $400 in the US, this thing will flop big time!
    I don't believe you can do currency conversions like that because if you read the comments, people say that the Apple Mini is slightly more expensive than the device so that makes me think pricing is region specific.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by unashamedgeek View Post
    I don't believe you can do currency conversions like that because if you read the comments, people say that the Apple Mini is slightly more expensive than the device so that makes me think pricing is region specific.
    Yeah I hope you're right! I'm not paying more than an ipad mini for this. They should know in order to compete with apple, they need to price it less.
    VictoriaPa1 likes this.

Yeah I hope you're right! I'm not paying more than an ipad mini for this. They should know in order to compete with apple, they need to price it less.
    I hope I'm right too. I will admit that I have a lot of wishful thinking going on for this device. I could see it priced slightly above the Mini because they will argue the digitizer costs more. However, I can't see them getting close to the price of the 10.1.

More info on the Australian price. I know I'm looking for the U.S. price, but this is all I am seeing right now. I also have no idea how reputable this site is, but for what its worth: Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Update: Apparently, they don't let you always view the full article. Here is the main quote from the article: "Of one thing you can be sure: it will be priced below the iPad mini, which starts at $369."

Global Posts
    1,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Actually everything costs more in australia. Take a look at other devices including the iphone. I have read they cost considerably more in thst region than elsewhere in the world.

Personally 300-350 is the sweet spot for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

When the heck are we going to get a release date on this thing!? I need the tablet for work and getting antsy!

When the heck are we going to get a release date on this thing!? I need the tablet for work and getting antsy!
    I feel your pain. I hope they aren't running into delays or anything, but we are now less than a week away from the 2nd quarter starting and seems to be no news. I wish Samsung was better at announcing products and then actually getting them out. At least so far the Note 10.1 release was more drawn out than this.
    somdave2005 likes this.

Global Posts
    11,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I feel your pain. I hope they aren't running into delays or anything, but we are now less than a week away from the 2nd quarter starting and seems to be no news. I wish Samsung was better at announcing products and then actually getting them out. At least so far the Note 10.1 release was more drawn out than this.
    In this regard I actually wish Samsung were like Apple. Apple makes an announcement today; release is 2 weeks to the date. Samsung makes an announcement; then there's crickets.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    somdave2005 likes this.

I waited so long I might as well wait for the note 3 which will have more features...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Samsung Thailand has announced the Note 8 will be available here beginning April 23. It will be in white only and the price will be less than 17,000 baht (US$579.) I assume this is the 16GB 3G version. Here's the website (in Thai) also with pics of Samsung cases: ซัมซุงเปิดตัว Galaxy Note 8.0 ศูนย์ไทยพร้อมวางขายวันที่ 23 เมษายนนี้ !! - Android News - Thaiandroidphone - Powered by Discuz!
    Thanked by:

Bangkok Hound, can you say how that price for Thailand compares to other tablet prices in Thailand? For example, the iPad Mini and the Galaxy Note 10.1, etc.

Electronics are more expensive here than in the U.S. Here are some examples: I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 plus (3G version) over a year ago for about $530. The Note 10.1 (16GB, 3G) retail price until recently was $746. Now its $100 cheaper. Tab 2 7.0 (16GB, 3G) $405. Ipad mini 16GB wifi only $382.
    Thanked by 2:

Well, now I see commercials are popping up on YouTube, so maybe soon? Here is one commercial and the other one is a Chat-on commercial which includes the Note 8.0 in it.
    Thanked by 2:

Well, now I see commercials are popping up on YouTube, so maybe soon? Here is one commercial and the other one is a Chat-on commercial which includes the Note 8.0 in it.
    That's fantastic news. Really curious for this.
    Sent from my HTC TITAN X310e using Board Express
    Windows Phone Central Retired Moderator
    Android Central
    Visitor

Apparently, the 16gb wifi only version is available to purchase from today in the Samsung store in Westfield shopping centre, at a cost of 339

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Just released in UK! $340 pounds.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 available in the UK today | Android Central

What about the US!? Come to Daddy! lol

Unfortunately 340 is too much. Can't get one. Sticking with the HTC flyer it seems.
    Sent from my HTC TITAN X310e using Board Express
    Windows Phone Central Retired Moderator
    Android Central
    Visitor

Looks like $399 here in USA.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, 16GB, Wi-Fi, on Office Depot?s web-site for $399, listed as ?Out of Stock"

Hopefully can get it for $350 or so on sale.

Thanked by:

Should be available for order at midnight id think. Im going with staples or newegg.