Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jaycemiskel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Now over at Sammobile they are rumoring a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 wifi to come out in mid June (week 24). I'll wait for that now. Had the Note 8 come out sooner in the US I might have gotten one. But now I want to see the specs on this new 8" Galaxy tab. I'll take higher screen resolution over the s-pen. Just a matter of personal preference.
    HTC One M8
    (Prev: , Samsung Galaxy S3, Motorola Atrix, Blackberry 9700, Moto Q Global)

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

Default Re: Galaxy Tab 3 8.0

Word "Tab" means budget because it seems like "Note" stands for premium in Samsung's world. My guess it'll be $249-299(hopefully $199-249) version of note 8. Probably same screen resolution, no s-pen, 3mp cam, slightly slower cpu(might even be equipped with different) i doubt its going to pack some advantages over note 8 except price.

I love mine and would never give up the s pen.....like you say, its a matter of taste, but i love my note 2 and this is the perfect size.

Quote Originally Posted by skyrockett View Post
    Word "Tab" means budget because it seems like "Note" stands for premium in Samsung's world. My guess it'll be $249-299(hopefully $199-249) version of note 8. Probably same screen resolution, no s-pen, 3mp cam, slightly slower cpu(might even be equipped with different) i doubt its going to pack some advantages over note 8 except price.
    I agree. The chances are slim that the Tab would have better specs than the Note 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by thoughthalo View Post
    I agree. The chances are slim that the Tab would have better specs than the Note 8.0
    Even if it is better I wouldn't switch cause I want the pen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    thoughthalo and karsdroid like this.

ROM
    4.1.2 stock JB

no s-pen thats for sure. S-Pen is the Note thing.

I'm finding it hard to find a device that I would want without the spen! Rules........

sent from my supercalaphablet-noteyexpeealadocious
    Sent from the Note3, or the big ol' 12.2 PRO

Yes, I am sticking with the Note line , I have the Note 2, 8.0, 10.1, also because of the pen.

Anyone see the note 8 mini......er I mean the tab 3? Glad I got the note 8.......especially after seeing what Samsung did to the tab 3.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts

I like having the pen and the Tab 3 is going to have mid range specs. So switching doesn't seem like a good idea.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by jackwagon06 View Post
    Anyone see the note 8 mini......er I mean the tab 3? Glad I got the note 8.......especially after seeing what Samsung did to the tab 3.
    Man, I just saw the specs and the LOOK of the PHONE, I mean tablet. God, that was one thing I liked about the Galaxy tab 2 7", was that it looked like a tablet, not a big phone. I hope Samsung doesn't ruin the look of the 10.1 when the next version comes out, because I'm not liking the way things are going. I like my Note 8, but the design could have been a little better. Plus the fact that they give that device a phone/internet option, but not the Note 8. I wouldn't even consider the Tab 3 7", because of the specs on it, they pale in comparison to the Note 8 and plus no S Pen.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Samsung announces the Galaxy Tab 3, 7-inches of mid-range tablet | Android Central

well there you go...mid range....slower processor and only 1gb of ram for starters

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

But why no 32GB version in the US. I mean is there really enough space on this tablet to do anything useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    But why no 32GB version in the US. I mean is there really enough space on this tablet to do anything useful?
    Not sure what you mean by useful and that requiring storage space? I have had mine since launch day, use it every day, and in my situation I currently have 6.9 GB available on the device. I guess others might fill up their space and that seems to come mostly from games. I have some games installed that I play, but for me, I do my other gaming on different devices.