root achieved.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: root?

Maybe because its not even for sale yet? :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2, because Sprint users must be punished for not having GSM attenas and rapid updates.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Maybe because its not even for sale yet? :rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2, because Sprint users must be punished for not having GSM attenas and rapid updates.

The uk buyers have had it plus the s4 is already rooted and thats not out for at least 3-4 weeks yet. Thats why i asked.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

Still concerning to me there isnt even talk of root for this as it releases tomorrow. I found the specs are the excact same as the note 2. Im going to try the toolkit to achieve root tomorrow and ill report back. Im not worried about a custom recovery yet just need root. Still shocked as this device has been out overseas for a awhile.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I also think you might not see root yet because I think this isn't a huge market tablet. This will be more of a niche product for people that are either Samsung fans or really want the spen. For me, it is the spen/wacom digitizer and all the other specs really don't matter to me. I was expecting this to cost $399 and I even have a post on here from awhile ago that guessed that price so I'm comfortable paying that. I have tried using passive stylus on other tablets and those just don't work for me.
But for some people, even on this Note 8.0 forum, they just compare it to other tablets and then say I'll just wait for the next Nexus. But I don't really see how you compare this to those. If you really just want to buy a tablet for specs, then this was never going to be the tablet for them. And so because of that, I think this will be a niche product and you won't see a lot of people from XDA hop on this. I do think a rooting method will come out in time, just not as fast as some of the more popular devices.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

I also think you might not see root yet because I think this isn't a huge market tablet. This will be more of a niche product for people that are either Samsung fans or really want the spen. For me, it is the spen/wacom digitizer and all the other specs really don't matter to me. I was expecting this to cost $399 and I even have a post on here from awhile ago that guessed that price so I'm comfortable paying that. I have tried using passive stylus on other tablets and those just don't work for me.
But for some people, even on this Note 8.0 forum, they just compare it to other tablets and then say I'll just wait for the next Nexus. But I don't really see how you compare this to those. If you really just want to buy a tablet for specs, then this was never going to be the tablet for them. And so because of that, I think this will be a niche product and you won't see a lot of people from XDA hop on this. I do think a rooting method will come out in time, just not as fast as some of the more popular devices.

You wont loose any spen function by rooting. Xda is already in talks to add a section for the note 8.0. I think it will sell ok and have a few roms including cm10.1. As far as root im thinking a week or two but im going to do a bit of experimenting with the note 2's toolkit. Both devices have the same specs so it should work for root at least, no recovery yet.

Mr_Armageddon

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click application to root some devices - xda-developers

just got my note 8.0 today. i found a rooting method on xda that works 100% for me. install the apk and run. use the very bottom exploit method. all you have to do after is install busybox from the market.

It works! Thanks for posting the link, still waiting for XDA to create an actual forum for the the Note 8.
Picked mine up at Best Buy Mobile, they had 7. Just an FYI, retail "cost" is around $335, so I can easily see a sale price of $350 coming around in a few months.

jackwagon06

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Guys.....I installed multi window manager after root. Loaded it like my note2. Screwed up the look and operation of multiwindow.uninstalling didnt help. It locks up when adding the second app. Thought I broke it. Reinstalled mwc and found in settings that you can remove the patch. Did so, rebooted, and all was restored. Heres the caveat.....I now have all apps in multiwindow, and I havent found one that doesnt play nice!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
All we need now is a recovery and a deodexed rom. I spent the day trying to deodex with no luck. Hopefully we see some development soon.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Nice, that may come in handy! That is my nandroid for now lol!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
yeah ive used it a few times already. still not sure why xda hasn't created a sub section yet for it? i talked to devs at twrp and they don't own the device yet so no recovery from them. i hope clockwork at least makes one soon. if i don't see anything in the next week i may return the device. i guess i could try to port twrp and make a deodexed rom but im no dev.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol