Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shanghaichica1
  • 1 Post By Shanghaichica1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Note 8.0 vs 10.1?

so I had been wanting to pick up the Note 8.0 for work (tonnes of little post-it's litter my desk), but the price has kinda put a damper on it... for those who might have both, is the 16GB 8.0 Wifi really worth it, or should I just spend the little extra and grab the 32GB 10.1?

cheers!

Default Re: Note 8.0 vs 10.1?

For me the 10.1 felt slower/choppy. Smooth and quick on the 8.0 id rather go with the newer tech, microusb charging 8.0 than the 10.1

My .2cents

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

I'm having this dilemma too. On the one hand the note 8.0 is blowing me away in all the review videos and I really like the look of it. On the other hand I already own an ipad mini so don't need another 8 inch tablet. Also the price is quite high and I could get the 10.1 for the same price. The 10.1 would be better as I don't have a 10 inch tablet and it would be good for watching movies.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using Android Central forums
    lilkim429 likes this.

Why do people keep comparing the iPad Mini to the Note 8.0? Other than being about the same size the devices are NOTHING alike in any way. Note 8.0 has better resolution, faster cpu, higher ppi, multiscreen apps, SD Card and a digitizer pen. Unless you are mad for Apple apps there is NO reason to choose the iPad Mini over the Note 8.0.

The Note 8.0 isn't a serious device for a business person due to it's inability to run full OneNote and the complete fail that is S-Notes, but it is still an excellent walking around tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by iknowmyabc View Post
    For me the 10.1 felt slower/choppy. Smooth and quick on the 8.0 id rather go with the newer tech, microusb charging 8.0 than the 10.1

My .2cents

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2
    I couldn't agree more. Definitely enjoying the note 8.0

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

What I'm saying is I don't want another tablet of the same size. Not that they are the same. Of course they aren't. In my case it's not a choice between the 2 as I already own the moment mini.

Anyhow I think I've decided on the 10.1, just need to keep away from the review videos for the 8.0

lilkim429 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I should mention I did buy my 12 year old a 10.1 last month; we were going to pickup the 8.0 for her, but she got impatient, and she fell in love with the 10.1 when we took a look at BestBuy. I also own a Nexus 7 myself, bought the TF101 for the wife a couple years ago and the 4 year old even has her own Tab 2 7" (we upgraded her from a LeaPad to stop her from stealing my tablet all the time). For the twelve year old, I saw the Note as being great to do research on the web, and jot down notes on the side in a second window. She's also been showing a lot of interest in drawing lately, and it seemed like a natural fit, and so far the hunch is proving right and well worth the money spent.

I don't find that the 10.1 is laggy/slow/choppy at all, particularly after upgrading it to JB, and my playing with it is what made me start thinking of getting the 8.0 for myself, as I really do prefer the smaller form factor. The fact that the 8.0 also has a micro USB instead of a proprietary adapter is a pretty attractive thing too. I just don't know if it's worth the extra cost. I was expecting the Note 8.0 16GB to be more around $375 and 32GB around the $400 mark..

As for it not being a "serious" business device, personally, I don't find any tablet a real "serious" business device. They are media consumption devices that have a number of conveniences, but as for doing serious work on them, the only ones that come close would be Win8 Pro surface machines, and even they can't be considered due to terrible battery life. But in regards to your concerns Mitchellvii, have you taken a look at Amazing note, which is Spen compatible? Never mind..seems to be more of a drawing support... ah well...but I thought there was a note app that did character recognition as well...

Cheers!
    Last edited by psyke45; 04-13-2013 at 11:45 AM.

If you consider the play store credit it technically is only 375. That's the way I look at it anyway, I also have an Amazon card so I'll get 12 of that back too so it worked out great for me, especially with the 50gb of Dropbox space.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaichica1 View Post
    What I'm saying is I don't want another tablet of the same size. Not that they are the same. Of course they aren't. In my case it's not a choice between the 2 as I already own the moment mini.

Anyhow I think I've decided on the 10.1, just need to keep away from the review videos for the 8.0

I'm in a similar boat. I have a Playbook, and as vastly superior as the Note 8 is, it's still about the same size. We have an iPad 3, or at least I bought one for my wife, but I never use it myself. Not an Apple fan. So I'm looking at the Note 10.1, and while I realize I could update it to JB, I'm just concerned about getting a tab that came out last summer. With my luck, I'll buy it and Sammy will come out with a new 10 inch tab a month later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy Note II stock 4.3
    Nexus 10 stock 4.4.2
    Galaxy Gear MK7
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Cuervo Gold ROM)

Exactly. There are rumours that samsung are working on a 10 inch tab 3.0 with a super amoled display. I'd hate to get the 10.1 and for another 10 inch tablet to come out quickly after. I also wonder if the 10.1 will get updated to key lime pie at some point. I'd hate to get a device that didn't get any more updates.