Register your device for $25 Google Play credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I found this out there and I wasn't aware of it. I thought others might be interested as well. If you register your device with Samsung and create an account, etc, you are supposed to get a $25 credit to the Google Play store. I had to use IE to view the site and I had to use a different Samsung account then what I used for my apps.samsung.com account.

Our Gift to You

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Thought I should chime in on this. The serial number was so tiny I misconstrued the numbers. This causes the the mac address and serial numbers to remain in red when you try and submit. I have a free app on my note 2 called magnify. It GREATLY magnifys what you are viewing with its built in camera. Once you get it focused you can then take a picture. Turns out a number that I thought was an 8 or a B was a 3. Once I changed it both boxes changed to white and it accepted the code. 2 minutes later I received my code. Also, there is a box at the top that lets you use your existing samsung account. I use the same account that I used to sign up with when I got my note 2. Worked just fine.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thought I should chime in on this. The serial number was so tiny I misconstrued the numbers. This causes the the mac address and serial numbers to remain in red when you try and submit. I have a free app on my note 2 called magnify. It GREATLY magnifys what you are viewing with its built in camera. Once you get it focused you can then take a picture. Turns out a number that I thought was an 8 or a B was a 3. Once I changed it both boxes changed to white and it accepted the code. 2 minutes later I received my code. Also, there is a box at the top that lets you use your existing samsung account. I use the same account that I used to sign up with when I got my note 2. Worked just fine.

Your serial number is on the box. Ill try again tonight or tomorrow.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow I just followed the direction on the sammy website that said to look on the back of the tablet. And there was a label that said s/n.

The one on the box is much easier to read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Tdc02

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem it didn't want to take my Serial or MAC ID and told me it was invalid, but I kept hitting the submit button and some how it took and they send me a email with my $25.00 code on it.

iknowmyabc

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Used my old samsung account foe all my devices to register lets see if I get an email. If not ill email/call samsung

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Used my old samsung account foe all my devices to register lets see if I get an email. If not ill email/call samsung

I did the same. Used my old samsung account, the one where i registered my Note 2. I got a "congratulations, you'll receive an email for redeeming your play store credit" yada yada.
That was about an hour ago, and so i chatted with a rep online at samsung.com, and they said to be patient and that i'd receive an email. I'll update you guys after i get off work.

Anyone else having problems redeeming their credit after the completed the registration and got the pop-up window?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Went straight to the play store and went to redeem. Entered the code and was greeted to $25 added instantly

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

JoeRho

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
i have been waiting for days to get mine. i used my old account that was used to register my GS3 and after 2 attempts to get it taken care of. still nothing

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
still a ni go on the play store credit for me either....I chatted thru the samsung site and they said they'd get back with me within 2 days....I'll report back with results

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, its been 5 days (3 business days) for me and not contact as of yet. Do you guys think I should contact (i was web chatting) them again or wait another day? Opinions? Please & thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084