Micro SD Capacity

JoeRho

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried to run the Galaxy Note 8 with a 64gb Micro SD card?

I'm interested in getting one of these to replace an older tablet, but am concerned about the capacity of the SD card.

BB, Android Central and a few others are saying 64gb, but Samsung's website is saying 32gb.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
64gb is supported just like it is on the note 2. I bought one yesterday for mine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Why would I get errors. Even the s3 supports 64gb. Unless you get a bad card all should be good

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

bobng

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a 64GB card in mine and working just fine! Samsung made a lot of errors with this release in my opinion. Anyone get their $25 gift card for Play yet, as was advertised?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
No I got my $25 almosy instantly after I registered as did some of the others here. What issues are you referring to on this release because my note 8.0 is fine.

If you didnt get it yet then make sure you correctly registered by going into account settings on sammys website and checking for devices. Also check your junk mail. Mine went straight to my gmail account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

CindyinAtl

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The guy at Best Buy told me that all I can put in mine was a 32 GB. He said that the 64 GB would not be able to be fully accessed because of a hardware limitation on the 16GB Samsung Note 2 8.0. Does that make any sense to you?

CindyinAtl

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I dunno why the note 2 phone can handle a 64 and the bigger tablet would only support 32. Seems fishy

sent from Galaxy Note 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have found that most people at best buy dont know crap about android. Everyone knows about apple stuff and they constantly push that cuz its easier to sell

Do your own research if you dont believe the users here. Amazon has the 64gb memory card on the cheap and there are hundreds of reviews that all proclaim these to work in samsung devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

scobb

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any issues - so far though not a good test.

Has anyone found a way to get google play to download movies to the SD card? Or songs? Can amazon music see the SD card?

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have not had any issues - so far though not a good test.

Has anyone found a way to get google play to download movies to the SD card? Or songs? Can amazon music see the SD card?

Google Play will play videos off the SD card, but not sure about downloading to it. Amazon will see and play music on the SD card and can read mp3 playlists in .m3u format.

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I ordered a 64GB micro card and it works just fine. I've saved videos, books, and music (from Amazon) onto it without a problem. I've been very pleased with the performance.

JoeRho

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the help. Much to my surprise my girlfriend got me a 64gb for my birthday. I agree that there have been a ton of mistakes with this launch. GOOD JOB SAMSUNG! (and ive had my note8 for over a week and no peep from samsung or google on the play credit.

lexurius

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping I could also get that $25, but my device is not us released and dont belong to he codes listed on their website. But I'll try to check on it later if ithappens that its also been abled on the list.

Richard Melvill

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup i bought the Note 8 with 3G here in South africa and it seems you only qualify for the Play store $25 if you bought your device in the US, one of the Wifi only versions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol