1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

Default Screen Protector

Anyone find a decent screen protector. Ordered a KaysCase one from Amazon but it's an absolute POS - poorly packaged, full of dust, etc. Stay away from KaysCase!

Default Re: Screen Protector

Quote Originally Posted by docfreed View Post
    Anyone find a decent screen protector. Ordered a KaysCase one from Amazon but it's an absolute POS - poorly packaged, full of dust, etc. Stay away from KaysCase!
    I use invisible shield from zagg. It's about $15 for the average device but this stuff is strong and extremely scratch resistant and has a life time warranty. And above all very easy to put on with out bubbles. (you just squeeze them out as you apply it)

Here's their website to buy:

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

$34.99 on the website but thanks anyway.

$34.99 on the website but thanks anyway.
    $35!!!! Gee. Are you looking for a screen protector for a 50 inch tv or something ?...is this price including shipping ?....what device is it ?

I here that phantomskinz is also excellent.

Here's the website to buy:

Did you see the demonstration video of the invisibleshiled ?...it gives you an idea of why its sooooo expensive.

I haven't planned on putting on a screen protector since I haven't on my last couple of phones and haven't had an issue. I never cared for the feeling of the protector and I will be interested to know how the protector you get works with the SPen. I could see it creating some drag as you use the SPen.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

The only reasons I've put a screen protector on is because I've picked up the mat finish kind to reduce glare, and it had the side effect of grabbing less fingerprints. Installing them on our phones was easy enough, but not so easy for me on my tablets...

I am looking for a screen protector to give me the pencil-on-paper feel for the s-pen. I don't mind if I go through one pen nib a month, but I do want a good notepad feel to the s-pen. I've read that the WriteShield and Boxwave Cleartouch give good feel, but they don't have a product for the Galaxy Note 8.0.

Anyone find something that gives that nice pencil-on-paper feel for the Galaxy Note 8.0?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

I managed to get the second KaysCase protector onto my tablet (had to vacuum the damn thing to remove dust etc [ they even left the little cutouts that come from punching out the holes]) - it is a matte finish which I've always liked and it does minimize fingerprints. On balance, if you are very careful to clean the things and work in a dust free atmosphere (take a hot shower and work in the bathroom) it is acceptable (and it is cut to fit nicely).
    It did however only get one star out of five at Amazon Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: KaysCase Screen Protector Film for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Tablet (Transparent)
    I would like to see something like the IMoshi protector (made for IPads) made for this - it has adhesive only on the perimeter so there's no bubbles, etc and it goes on and off so it can be cleaned.

I would like to see something like the IMoshi protector (made for IPads) made for this - it has adhesive only on the perimeter so there's no bubbles, etc and it goes on and off so it can be cleaned.
    I-Blason has a screen protector with the adhesive only on the outer edges. I saw it in Amazon, but I did not want to give it a shot.

I emailed PPC Tech and they did say they will have a WriteShield made for the Galaxy Note 8.0. But they didn't give me a date. Are there any other brands that have the pencil-on-paper feel?

I use the MiniGuard Screen protectors on my GN 10.1 and just ordered the same in Anti-Glare for the GN 8 when I get it. They come in a 3 pack are dry apply unlike the crap from Best Buy. I've had the same one on my GN 10.1 since last Sept. and It hasn't peeled off or anything. I never put a screen protector on before, so I used one and got bubbles and dust galore so one was wasted. I saw a video on applying them on youtube and used that and the steam/bathroom trick for the 2nd one and all was good. MiniGuard is a 3 pack of Anti-Glare or HD Clear for under $7 for the GN 8 on Amazon, I recommend them if you don't want to spend a lot.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by Andy847 View Post
    I use the MiniGuard Screen protectors on my GN 10.1 and just ordered the same in Anti-Glare for the GN 8 when I get it. They come in a 3 pack are dry apply unlike the crap from Best Buy. I've had the same one on my GN 10.1 since last Sept. and It hasn't peeled off or anything. I never put a screen protector on before, so I used one and got bubbles and dust galore so one was wasted. I saw a video on applying them on youtube and used that and the steam/bathroom trick for the 2nd one and all was good. MiniGuard is a 3 pack of Anti-Glare or HD Clear for under $7 for the GN 8 on Amazon, I recommend them if you don't want to spend a lot.
    How did you like using the s-pen on the GN 10.1 with that screen protector? What kind of a feel did it give you? I have it in my cart in Amazon, I might just give it a shot since it is so inexpensive.

When I first had my Note 10.1 I tried it without a screen protector and it felt really slippery writing on just the naked screen(Could be because I wasn't use to using a stylus that wasn't thick like the Ipad ones I used). I had an Ipad 3 awhile back, hated it with a screen protector, so went naked on that device. Was a totally different feeling writing on the 10.1 with the S Pen without one. I was used to using a rubber tipped stylus on the Ipad 3, which gives it some drag. Once I put the Miniguard screen protector on my 10.1, it felt not as slippery to me, but it doesn't affect the way the S Pen works. They are thin enough, where it doesn't really affect the use of it. I like the feel of having a little more traction with the S Pen rather than the slippery feel of writing on the naked screen on my 10.1. I do mostly drawing on it and use the Pen to hit icons and navigate the screen, so doesn't hinder at all.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 16GB

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Just ordered,

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I decided to buy the white book cover from BB. Kind of had to due to traveling and not wanting to scratch the screen. Supposedly it can be used as a stand but I havent figured out how to properly fold it to get it to stand.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Here's a youtube video that shows the Samsung Book Cover Case and towards the end of it, the guy shows the different stand positions and viewing angles.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Yep. Actually right after I posted I went on youtube and found a similar video.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I applied a matte screen protector from eBay after I purchased the unit with no regrets since...so issues with sensitivity.