Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

ROM
    4.3 unlocked and rooted

Default Re: Playing Amazon Prime videos

I have been messing with this for some time with the stock browser, Firefox and Dolphin. Though I could play other flash movies after side loading, I could never get Amazon to work. Today I installed Boat browser from the Play Store and it magically worked. I am a happy camper once again. I love this browser!
    Living in Puerto Vallarta with my wife and our 5 Kids, Atrix 4G, N4, N5, N7, N10 and a recently adopted MK808B.
    www.romamexico.com

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Flash works just fine for playing amazon prime videos. Adobe just recently came out with an update for android addressing this issue. Here is the link.

This has been tested using both my note 2 and note 8 using the stock browser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    Flash works just fine for playing amazon prime videos. Adobe just recently came out with an update for android addressing this issue. Here is the link.

This has been tested using both my note 2 and note 8 using the stock browser.

thanks for the link.....just fyi everyone, amazon videos still not working with chrome browser. with the flash download they do work on the stock browser.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Its a combo issue of chosen browser and flash compatibility with said browser. Its not silverlight or anything else.

Thanks for the update! amazon prime is working now very well! Thanks

Many thanks! Now I can watch amazon prime video on my note 8 with this current adobe update. It works perfectly!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    thanks for the link.....just fyi everyone, amazon videos still not working with chrome browser. with the flash download they do work on the stock browser.
    I thought Chrome browser for Android does not and never will support Flash? (even if Flash is installed by whatever means as installed is installed). Always makes me laugh when thinking of this as I understand it the stock browser is basically Chrome anyway and it has been really good, for me, at playing Prime videos.

I find different browsers work well to not so much. Boat & stock seem the most consistent for me. Firefox sort of. And of course Chrome or Dolphin don't support Flash so they can't view videos played from APIV...

But with all my other Android devices which have 4.0.4, 4.1.1, 4.1.2 and 4.2.1 Amazon Prime Instant Video streams OK. It can some days be more than a bit twitchy/fussy though. It doesn't seems to matter which device I'm using...still my original Kindle Fire 1 is a far smoother experience even with it's "old" & slow CPU.

My biggest grip with APIV is unless you are using your PC or Fire you cannot download the content, you can only stream. Now that is frustrating though not as much as not being able to play them at all.

OT...my take is the reason Google phased out any sort of Flash support was simply because of Play's video content. Welcome to the world of a good company gone public so now it's the stock holder who matters not the customer and our needs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Dolphin support Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
    I thought Chrome browser for Android does not and never will support Flash? (even if Flash is installed by whatever means as installed is installed). Always makes me laugh when thinking of this as I understand it the stock browser is basically Chrome anyway and it has been really good, for me, at playing Prime videos.

I find different browsers work well to not so much. Boat & stock seem the most consistent for me. Firefox sort of. And of course Chrome or Dolphin don't support Flash so they can't view videos played from APIV...

But with all my other Android devices which have 4.0.4, 4.1.1, 4.1.2 and 4.2.1 Amazon Prime Instant Video streams OK. It can some days be more than a bit twitchy/fussy though. It doesn't seems to matter which device I'm using...still my original Kindle Fire 1 is a far smoother experience even with it's "old" & slow CPU.

My biggest grip with APIV is unless you are using your PC or Fire you cannot download the content, you can only stream. Now that is frustrating though not as much as not being able to play them at all.

OT...my take is the reason Google phased out any sort of Flash support was simply because of Play's video content. Welcome to the world of a good company gone public so now it's the stock holder who matters not the customer and our needs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

I installed flash with the link in this thread. Amazon still tells me flash is not installed. How so I correct this? My phone is not rooted. S4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jjdh View Post
    I installed flash with the link in this thread. Amazon still tells me flash is not installed. How so I correct this? My phone is not rooted. S4

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    on my note 2 works fine when using the stock browser.

Bump, was anyone able to watch Amazon Prime movies on Chrome browser?

Amazon Prime works fine in the stock browser with flash installed. Chrome does not support flash.

Not quite correct. Chrome has Flash built in (it just has to be enabled) in order to reduce the browser crashes and incompatibilities that always happen when Adobe updates Flash. That said, Adobe won't allow Google access to their proprietary DRM algorithms, so Chrome's Flash player won't support DRM-enabled Flash streams.
    Thanked by:

Dolphin browser and flash works fine, this handy video gives you the config and instructions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12