Playing Amazon Prime videos

scobb

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to watch Amazon Prime videos on the Note 8.0. I have used the new (and wonderful) browser xScope which automatically walks you through the installation of the Adobe Flash player.

After the set up, both xScope and FireFox both can view Flash content on many websites.

However, I have not had any luck with Amazon Prime videos. Everything is setup ok and it shows the play button and all of the controls. It does not start playing the video content.

Has anyone had any luck with this? Is there another solution?

Thanks!

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to watch Amazon Prime videos on the Note 8.0. I have used the new (and wonderful) browser xScope which automatically walks you through the installation of the Adobe Flash player.

After the set up, both xScope and FireFox both can view Flash content on many websites.

However, I have not had any luck with Amazon Prime videos. Everything is setup ok and it shows the play button and all of the controls. It does not start playing the video content.

Has anyone had any luck with this? Is there another solution?

Thanks!

I am using the stock browser by installing the flash player from the archives in adobe's sight. It is working fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you just log onto Amazon's site to watch the videos? I'm sorry but I've never understood how to view the Amazon prime stuff without the app.

Thanks for your help!

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Do you just log onto Amazon's site to watch the videos? I'm sorry but I've never understood how to view the Amazon prime stuff without the app.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, install flash on a browser which supports it.
The Samsung stock browser is one of them.
Then just log into the amazon prime website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It's not working for me. I tried both xscope and the stock browser. Both appear to start up at the beginning and I get the Amazon connecting screen in the Flash player, but the movie never actually starts streaming.

Same method I've used on the Nexus 7 and S3 with great success, but it is just not working on the Note 8.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It's not working for me. I tried both xscope and the stock browser. Both appear to start up at the beginning and I get the Amazon connecting screen in the Flash player, but the movie never actually starts streaming.

Same method I've used on the Nexus 7 and S3 with great success, but it is just not working on the Note 8.

I think it could be touch and go. I faced a similar issue the first time around. So I went ahead and formatted my tablet. The next time around it was perfect.

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Formatted in what sense? Did you just restore to factory settings? Im actually having the same issues as you, optimus.

The capability really is not that important to me, as I primarily rely on Netflix and HBO Go, but I tried it based on the OP's problems and can confirm there is an issue. A "reformatting" may solve the issue, but I've rooted and have everything else set up to my liking, so I am not going to worry about it.

For someone who really wants the capability though, it is of note, as is the Hutu Plus flickering issue.

phud1066

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, I tried restoring to factory settings and am still getting the same issues. So it isn't guaranteed reformatting would solve the issue for you, either.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you sideload the flash apk. Its stupid simple to find and ill even do the legwork. Anyhow. The apk is updated regularly so all you have to do is occasionally check the website for the most recent version. Make sure to have install from unknown sources checked in the settings. After the install you should be able to use the stock browser.

Here is a link to the exact page that has the flash player archives.
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

The newest flash player is here.
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.54/install_flash_player_ics.apk

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Did you sideload the flash apk. Its stupid simple to find and ill even do the legwork. Anyhow. The apk is updated regularly so all you have to do is occasionally check the website for the most recent version. Make sure to have install from unknown sources checked in the settings. After the install you should be able to use the stock browser.

Here is a link to the exact page that has the flash player archives.
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

The newest flash player is here.
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/...roid/11.1.115.54/install_flash_player_ics.apk

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

The people who are trying this have already side-loaded the apk. Did you successfully stream a video in Amazon Prime or were you just assuming people hadn't side-loaded?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

phud1066

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
As Optimus stated, I have successfully side-loaded the apk. I have gotten this to work on both my Droid 4 and Acer Iconia A500, so the issue isn't that I don't know the steps. As far as I can tell, flash works fine other than for Amazon.

jdub and thoughthalo, have either of you verified that Amazon video works, or just flash in general?

kisrita

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It's something on Amazon's end. Instant Video streamed on the Note 8 with the flash plug in until recently. Now it doesn't work on any of my Android devices. I complained to Amazon and stopped my Prime membership renewal. Write to Amazon and vote with your wallet.

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It's something on Amazon's end. Instant Video streamed on the Note 8 with the flash plug in until recently. Now it doesn't work on any of my Android devices. I complained to Amazon and stopped my Prime membership renewal. Write to Amazon and vote with your wallet.

You are so correct. It was working for me until last week, but its no longer working now..
:(

thoughthalo

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As Optimus stated, I have successfully side-loaded the apk. I have gotten this to work on both my Droid 4 and Acer Iconia A500, so the issue isn't that I don't know the steps. As far as I can tell, flash works fine other than for Amazon.

jdub and thoughthalo, have either of you verified that Amazon video works, or just flash in general?

Nope checked with amazon prime. But no longer working now :banghead:

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

I already sent and email to them today....crazy. i'd be super pissed if i had a ton of movies in the digital locker through them.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It's about time they just provided a dedicated app for non-fire android users. The fact that an app exists for the fire and ipad is pretty insulting to the significant fraction of prime users thst use non-fire android devices.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

somdave2005

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I emailed them as well. Encourage you all to do So. Don't understand why IOS has it but not Android.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
No, I assumed some people dont actually know how to install flash as one member stated that he installed a seperate app that then walked him through the process. I was just attempting to make it a little easier by posting the link. That is all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2