Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thoughthalo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default just got the update

anybody know what the update was for? Just got it but don't see any changes...

Default Re: just got the update

Yeah I just got it tonight as well. Didn't notice anything different

It said that it was stability issues and it was only 6 megs. Also, on reboot I had a dialogue box that stated it was optimizing 2 apps. Usually on a full update, I will see all my apps get updated so I'm guessing minor changes to two core apps.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I just tried to update to mine but unfortunately I get a message about being modified and am unable to. If its just a relatively minor update then I wont worry about the unroot. I love my multiwindow control to much.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

updated my unit and did not affect root...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jlmtorch View Post
    updated my unit and did not affect root...
    Interesting. I tried to check for the update and got a message saying that my device has been modified and so updates are not available. What root method did you use?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prune View Post
    Interesting. I tried to check for the update and got a message saying that my device has been modified and so updates are not available. What root method did you use?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    The update was on my notifications list...I did not need to look for it? Here is the link for the root method I used:

root achieved.

The update was on my notifications list...I did not need to look for it? Here is the link for the root method I used:

root achieved.
    Strange. Thats's the same method I used as well, but when I check for updates I get the message pasted below.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I did the same one. I wonder if it auto pushed to your device but when you manually check it some how checks for a modofied status

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

root achieved.
    Could you check to see if your Device Status says "Custom" when you go to Settings → About Device → Status ?

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    I did the same one. I wonder if it auto pushed to your device but when you manually check it some how checks for a modofied status

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Could be. Maybe I should have been more patient instead of going out to look for it. Though, I did have auto-updates enabled, so maybe jlmtorch just got lucky somehow.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

See my thread posted over on XDA to update and keep root. It's at
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by unashamedgeek View Post
    It said that it was stability issues and it was only 6 megs. Also, on reboot I had a dialogue box that stated it was optimizing 2 apps. Usually on a full update, I will see all my apps get updated so I'm guessing minor changes to two core apps.
    Same here. Seems to be a minor update!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lexurius likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by docfreed View Post
    See my thread posted over on XDA to update and keep root. It's at
    Bloody brilliant. Worked like a charm using the Voodoo OTA Root keeper mentioned in the XDA thread. Thanks mucho. :beer:

I updated, but I thought there were 2 small updates. Does everyones info match this?

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
    I updated, but I thought there were 2 small updates. Does everyones info match this?

Yep, that's what I've got....

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

After reading the xda forum referenced in this thread I found a simple fix my modified status. After you install the voodoo ota rootkeeper and then do the temp unroot just reboot. You can then go into device status and should change to official. Just check for the update. After check your notifications click the update and the process will start.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

FWIW I got the your device has been modified, update unavailable message on my note 10.1 even though i was non rooted (and knew an update was pushed and available). Based on advice from others here with Galaxy devices (tho different flavors such as S3, Note 2, and Tab 2), shutting down, pulling the microSD card, and restarting allowed my tab to search and successfully retrieve the update. I was then able to reinstall the sd card without an issue. Not sure if simply unmounting and pulling the card while powered up would work. Frankly don't understand why it works at all, but worth a try if you're unrooted and get the device modified block with a microSD installed. If rooted, do the process posted above.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

Hmmm. That's weird but it's good to give it a try. Thanks @vferrari

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prune View Post
    Could you check to see if your Device Status says "Custom" when you go to Settings → About Device → Status ?

I did not perform a search at all....I left it on my notification screen until I was able to update. I also had changed my superuser information setting checking the box to add ota survival..

Could be. Maybe I should have been more patient instead of going out to look for it. Though, I did have auto-updates enabled, so maybe jlmtorch just got lucky somehow.