I'm a bit disappointed in this device

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I was really looking forward to this device when I heard about it near the beginning of the year. I almost didn't buy it because of the price, but ended up getting one anyways. Now after having it a few days and playing around with it, I'm a bit disappointed in Samsung for actually hobbling it in more ways than one.

1. They didn't offer any phone or 3G/4G in the U.S., but overseas they get it. It would be nice to use an internet connection at least when none are available. Tethering is an option, but why not offer a 3G/4G model?
2. They don't have the Floating apps option like on the 10.1. So you can't pin any apps from the Multiwindow bar where you want on the screen. All you can do is put apps side by side or above/below one another. Why they don't have this option is beyond me.
3. When I try to write near the bottom of the screen I always hit the Back or Home hard button, which really is a poor design.
4. I find myself limited to the memory of under 8gb, which even with an SD card, I find myself wanting the 32gb version of it more, but there isn't one.

It is a perfect size, but that being said, is really the biggest thing standing out for it in my mind right now. Besides the faster processor and better hardware. It's a nice device, don't get me wrong, but I think they really are not going to do well with the sales of this device. For a little more I could get an extra 16gb or 32gb 10.1 and have more power to do things I want. I already have one though and like the smaller size of the Note 8. I am actually considering returning it, but will wait, because I do have money invested in accessories and do like some of the things it offers. I think if a person was coming from a 10.1, you might be disappointed that certain things on the larger Note, you can't do with the smaller. I would think the whole Idea of bringing out a new device is to add more features to it from the originals, not take away features. Maybe Samsung will put the Floating apps back in a future update? I hope so anyways. Also hope they bring out a 3g/4g or phone version. Anyone else feel like there are some missteps taken by Samsung on this device?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a note 2 with unlimited data so in a pinch I use foxfi for wifi for the note 8 to stay contected.....while id jump at using it as a phone its not a deal breaker....I dont tend to use the multi window so o biggie to me....I have a transformer prime which ended up being just to big to be functional. this is indeed the best size, and thats no small feature for me. I'vebeen looking for the perfect size for a long time now and am super pleased with the performance. if it doesnt meet your specific needs no harm no foul everyones needs are different. im completely happy with it!

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
There's a way to disable the hardware keys and put software keys on the screen. I don't remember right now exactly how, and I haven't gotten my 8 yet to confirm it works on there. When all that comes together I'll throw a post up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781