Play Store and access to Tablet Apps

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for the quick response. I was trying to download the Bank of America App (the one specifically for tablets) and I could not. I thought maybe Google doesn't consider the Note 8 as a tablet.

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well it is a tablet, although it says you should be able to use the playstore just as you would any other device running Android. not sure why you wouldn't be able to download for a tablet unless the resolution size is too big for the 8in. screen. Could be running into that problem. does the original app not fill the entire screen?

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Ive ran into that issue with a few apps. 2 banking apps wont install for me. Thumb Keyboard doesnt seem to be very compatible with the tablet. Nonetheless, I love a big fan of this device.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Its a tablet. I recently purchased photoshop touch on my note 2 and when I tried to install it for the note 8 it says its not compatible. I had to buy the tablet version on photoshop to get it working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it is only the Bank of America app. All other tabket apps that I try seem to be working. thanks for all of the input

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ive ran into that issue with a few apps. 2 banking apps wont install for me. Thumb Keyboard doesnt seem to be very compatible with the tablet. Nonetheless, I love a big fan of this device.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

You're having trouble with thumb keyboard? What version are you running because i haven't had a single issue with it.

Posted via Android Central App

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually finding quite a mixed bag on tablet vs. phone apps for the Note 8. Some tablet versions of apps (e.g., USA Today) won't install (while the phone version will) and vice versa (Amazon app).

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I think this is mostly due to how the android sdk works. Having dabbled in making my own app recently, when making an app frrom the very beginnng you choose to make that app work on as many devices as possible. There are a few drop down boxs that let you choose which api's you wont the app to work with and choose the target api. Api is a shortened term used to describe os versions. Anyhow inorder to make this work so that the developer only has to design one app and have only one app to update in the future its features are limited to to what the very lowest api he chose to use in the compatibility process. Scaling allows the app to use all resolutions and to scale up in size. But tablet apps are whole nother deal. If the developer wants to change an app from a phone to something better suited to tablets he might as well start over and code from the ground up for making that app useful for tablets. If he realizes no money was made on his phone app what is his incentive to make it better for tablets? Here is a link to the sdk tutorial straight from the google developers website.

http://developer.android.com/training/basics/firstapp/creating-project.html

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech