Will the SRP drop anytime soon?

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I really want to pick up the Note 8, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger. I love the features and specs on one hand, but the $399 pricetag just does not seem justified.

Does anyone think the price will drop at all?

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have no doubt that the price will drop. When it will drop?? That is a very different story. I don't really feel that the 10.1 ever saw a significant drop in price. I have had the feeling that Samsung is ok with some products being niche fits. I can't see them dropping it too much, especially with the next Tab series coming out. The Spen will be the line in the sand. If you want that functionality, you'll pay for it - if you don't want it, there are other tablets that are a better solution.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Realistically, it really depends on sales numbers. If the numbers arent where they were expecting them to be at the price point the will most likely adjust it accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Your best bet is to find a friend who works for a retailer that sells the tab and use their discount. Samsung doesn't have a history of dropping prices on their tabs until something better comes out. I managed to swing a 10% discount t on mine from Staples by hitting up a friend that works there and grabbed mine for $381 including the tax

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

scobb

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that Samsung has another lower priced 8" in the works that does not have the S-pen. If you don't need the S-pen, this should be a way to go. I personally love the S-pen and consider it a key feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress