Mhl cable

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone post a link for the mhl cable they're using that works correctly? I've seen conflicting accounts of what works and what had issues.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

sling_th

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I tested the note 8 with these and they worked.

monoprice.com

5 pin to 11 pin micro usb product id #9716
15ft ultra slim HDMI product id #9429
MHL adapter prodict #8675

Note: the 5 pin MHL alone will not output video signal.

QuiLoxx

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy Note 8.0, and looked all over to see if I could do HDMI display output, to mirror the display on a projector, or my Screen using some USB Crash Cart software. I wanted this tablet to become my primary Android tablet, replacing my Acer w/ built-in HDMI out. I eventually found the MHL Cable to go from micro-USB to HDMI.

Bought 3 of them, and tried all three on my Cisco EX90 High-Definition Display. None worked. Contacted Samsung Support - who responded VERY quickly. Tried the unit on different displays (which I should have done from the beginning) - and it worked on all other displays that I tried.

Here are the ones I tried (all purchased from Amazon):
-ETC-EIA2BEGSTA: Samsung Micro USB to HDMI 1080P HDTV Adapter Cable with 5 Pin to 11 Pin Micro-USB adapter for Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 and MHL-enabled Smartphones and Tablets
-Cable Matters Gold Plated Premium MHL to HDMI Cable for Samsung Galaxy SIII & Galaxy Note 2 in Black - 6ft
-Micro USB MHL to HDMI Cable HDTV Smart Adapter for Sprint Samsung GALAXY Note 2 II SPH-L900 - Includes a Hard Carrying Case

Hope that helps anyone else who may be searching for an answer.

Aaron

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Monoprice works ok. I have an issue with using the tablet itself as a game controller. The adapter constantly unseats itself if you move the device around. It's fine for watching Google play movies and TV with.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci