Can anyone explain how to use Ad Free

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what it does either. I used for about 10 minutes when I installed it through cleanrom on my note 2. As soon as I realized hulu plus will not play if it detects ad free I got rid of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The application blocks your phone from making requests to known advertising links. For example, the free version of applications typically include those ads that pop up while using the app. Those banners/images come from advertising sites and these get added to the blacklist in the application so that your phone doesn't make the request. The reason apps like Hulu and that detect it is because that costs the developers money since you aren't getting the ads. Hope that makes sense.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Is your adfree up to date and are you getting the ads in other apps? Could be the ads Pandora is pulling from haven't been updated to adfree yet or Pandora could be sending the ads directly from themselves which makes it more difficult to block.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
so to use it, you just download it and run it? does it run in the background do I don't have to open it everytime?

Sent from my m'fn Galaxy Note son!

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You need to run it the first time, make sure to download and update the latest hosts, and then reboot to flush out pre-cached things. It should work from there on out. My experience comes from my phone and not my tablet, but I'm thinking it should be the same.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if something has changed but it used to be that for the ad blockers to work you had to be rooted and have SU installed for them to work.

Posted via Android Central App

kingseanrocks

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah you have to be rooted google played all ad blockers from the playstore so you have to download them from the internet

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums