Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

Default Force to typical tablet interface

Is there any way to force this device to a typical tablet interface, with the notification bar and soft keys at the bottom? I'm not sure I would like it better but would certainly like to try it. As it is, it feels like a really big phone to me.

Thanks!

ROM
    RunnyMik/stock

Default Re: Force to typical tablet interface

You could try a different launcher and go away from touchwiz but other than that I don't think so.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Force to typical tablet interface

Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Is there any way to force this device to a typical tablet interface, with the notification bar and soft keys at the bottom? I'm not sure I would like it better but would certainly like to try it. As it is, it feels like a really big phone to me.

Thanks!
    Coming from a Tab 7 Plus and Note 10.1, I am having trouble with this also. I liked that the notifications "pull up" only took up partial screen real estate when pulled up on these tabs. On the tab 7 plus, this sort of gave me a poor man's multi app setup as I could see and control the music player in the notifications screen while still having maps or waze up on the main screen for navigation (though partially obscured, it was still usable). It was even MORE useful on the 10.1 because I could use two windows, plus selectively pull up the notifications screen when needed. I miss this functionality on the Note 8, especially since I planned on using the more convenient smaller form factor to replace my note 10.1 in the car. I may have to rethink this now.