Tablet Talk and All Share App

jlmtorch

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using an Andriod phone with their Note 8.0 utilizing tablet talk and all share app? I have an iphone 5 jailbroken which I use for free tethering however I was thinking of getting an andriod phone to take advantage of tablet talk and all share apps. I had a BB torch with the BB Playbook utilizing the bridging functionality and it was great! Wondering if I will have the same experience if I went all Andriod or Samsung. Any feedback would be greatly aprreciated. THANKS in advance!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If you have an iphone 5 and are happy with it then just stick with that. Get an ipad mini, imessage will let you text with that and the playstore may an app similiar to tablet talk that will let you text everyone else.

Allshare is not what its cracked up to be. Its ok if you have a samsung smart tv because it will work with thw dongle but iF you need to buy the dongle seperately youd be better off with the smart dock.
Once again this just my personal preference on the matter.
Personally I do have tablet talk and it does work perfectly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone using an Andriod phone with their Note 8.0 utilizing tablet talk and all share app? I have an iphone 5 jailbroken which I use for free tethering however I was thinking of getting an andriod phone to take advantage of tablet talk and all share apps. I had a BB torch with the BB Playbook utilizing the bridging functionality and it was great! Wondering if I will have the same experience if I went all Andriod or Samsung. Any feedback would be greatly aprreciated. THANKS in advance!

tablet talk looks great....I may have to give it a roll

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get AllShare app to work on my GS lll, so someone on the forum here suggested the Skifta app. Skifta works on my Toshiba LED TV no problem. I've used it also with my GN 10.1 and my GN 8. It takes a little while sometimes for the app to find my device, but it works. I can see pics from my phone, was able to see videos and play some music. On my tablets, I was only able to get Pics to work so far. I haven't played with it that much, but I would give it a try. You don't have to buy anything for Skifta to work. It's a free app.
I have used tablet talk and I like the app, but always have to run it through my phone, so don't use it that much. I do like what the app can do though.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I had problems until it updated to Samsung link getting my gs 3 to play nicely however now it works great. I will admit ypu have better luck if the phone is on the same wifi network as the tablet but it can be fone with the phone on 4g too. Plus having access to the laptop at home is handy. So if you were having trouble when it was all share play gove it a try now that it has updated.

Posted via Android Central App

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I dont believe it does I only suggested it because the OP mentioned getting a $400 tablet so he could use it for texting.

jlmtorch

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I dont believe it does I only suggested it because the OP mentioned getting a $400 tablet so he could use it for texting.

jdub1981 please take time to read the posts before replying: I already have the Note 8 and asking if I get a Samsung phone will I gain the "bridging" experience I had with BB. If you never used the BB "bridging" functionality or don't know what it is then you should refrain from responding.

Last edited:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
jdub1981 please take time to read the posts before replying: I already have the Note 8 and asking if I get a Samsung phone will I gain the "bridging" experience I had with BB. If you never used the BB "bridging" functionality or don't know what it is then you should refrain from responding.

First of all, you never actually said you owned a note 8. You alluded to that fact by saying you were interested in getting tablet talk and you were interested in an android phone for certain extra functions you would receive. I misinterpreted what you were asking for. My bad. However you should know that the subject of tablet talk has been discussed many times and some of those on this very forum. The note 8 has only been out a little under 2 months so it would have been a very easy search.

I am fully aware of what bridging is. It is basically the same as Apples mirroring or Samsungs Allshare Cast.

This type of interaction has been around for awhile and can be accomplished through a variety of means. WiDi, bluetooth and wifi are some examples of this, but there maybe others.

You should also know that allshare cast isnt perfect and there are viable alternatives that work better for some situations and not others it really just depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

What I suspect you want is the ability to mirror your screen on a android phone or control your note 8 remotely. There are a few apps that can do this but none work reliably AND in all aspects, meaning only some apps will be supported but each is totally dependendant on the app you use for linking. That being said, with a little more research you may have gone so far as to check whether this was even a standard function of android or just something that could be done between Samsung devices. I have, and the answer to that is no it does not. BUT it will as soon as 4.2.2 arrives.

If you would like to get a Samsung phone so you can get these and other nifty cool interactions between your other Samsung devices go right ahead. Some things will work right away but alot more is coming Soon. Good Day.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome