can I delete the Gmail stock app?

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm tired of receiving duplicate notifications for when I receive an email to my Gmail account. I get one notification from my Gmail app and one from my regular "email" app (that one has three combined email accounts)

Sent from my m'fn Galaxy Note son!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Have you gone into your Gmail app and disabled notifications? Or I believe you can go into syncing options and disable sync for gmail if the other app is set for polling your Gmail.

gdeller21

May 27, 2013
Visit site
A simple way of preventing duplicate notification is to open the stock Gmail app> press menu button on your phone > click on settings > select your email address > then just uncheck notification. Good luck

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
A simple way of preventing duplicate notification is to open the stock Gmail app> press menu button on your phone > click on settings > select your email address > then just uncheck notification. Good luck

This is the way I do it. You can also go to settings - accounts - Google and uncheck Gmail, however if you use Google Now this will have an adverse effect on your cards. You won't receive cards for hotel reservations, flights, shipping, etc.

Posted via Android Central App

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just turned off notifications in the Gmail app, thanks for the help peeps!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
how do I hide it j?

For any app you dont want to see you can go into your app drawer and tap the menu button. Inside this screen there should be an option to hide icons. You may have to scroll the menu a little to find it. Anyhow after you touch it, a bunch of boxes appear next to apps you want hidden. Just check each one and when done, select done. It disappears from your app drawer. Do the same to unhide apps. In the menu a new option should appear to unhide stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC