Note 8.0 Problem Screen Locked Automatically !!

Muhammed Salah

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have problem with my note 8.0 it 's while i am surfing the internet or playing a game the screen locked automatically while the screen is active and i make the screen timeout is 30 min and lock time out 30 min too :S Anyone Has Any Idea To Solve That Problem

Out Cold 111

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I just started having the same problem with my tablet tonight too. I also have the Note 8.0 and I was right in the middle of checking the weather and Facebook and the screen locks on me! it makes the water drip noise like i pressed the lock button on the side and the screen goes black. I turn it back on and 15 seconds later it does it again.
I dont have and answer for this problem. Im in the same boat as you.

I would love some insight on whats causing the problem.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Whoa, I haven't had this problem yet on my Note 8.0 LTE but I just got an update recently and hope it doesn't start doing this.

Sent from my Element Eclipsed S4

Anjong

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a back cover for ur note 8.0? Try to remove the back cover and observe it while ur surfing or flipping and tilting ur tab. I don't know the logic about it! But it works fine for me.... good luck!

scarrsport

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Mine also does this - very annoying!
However only when I rest the bottom or left side on my clothed body whilst using it!
I will try suggestions made and report back.

Erhnam_Djinn14

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Im having the same problem happens most of the time when Im watching movies sometimes happens in 30sec sometimes after 2 min-5min I already did change the settings recommended in this thread like disabling smart stay. I wonder if I need a firmware update, I just bought this and its only 4 days old so im kinda bummed :-[

normanprabowo

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
ur back cover have a magnetic thing . this magnetic thing like a sensor to auto lock your screen . if you close your screen with ur cover or flipping it back that will lock ur screen . try to find the magnetic thing and I think u can solve the problem :)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I am having a similar problem with my note 8. When I am playing games or watching videos it auto locks, and to unlock it I have to rotate it first. It is really anoying, I already disabled the smart stay and I have no magnetic cover, so that's not the problem.