Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 compatible with 4G SIM card?

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about buying this but my only concern is the SIM card. I live in Mexico so I'd be getting this unlocked just like I did my S4. I remember switching to a new SIM card when I got the S4 because my previous one only supported 3G. So my question is will my new 4G SIM work fine in the Note 8.0?

Shofar1

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so.
The N5100 is the European model that takes the 3G micro SIM with no problem but I don't think it has the 4G radio.

Still a great tablet.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about buying this but my only concern is the SIM card. I live in Mexico so I'd be getting this unlocked just like I did my S4. I remember switching to a new SIM card when I got the S4 because my previous one only supported 3G. So my question is will my new 4G SIM work fine in the Note 8.0?

Your sim from the SGS4 will work with the GT-N5100. I have the same setup, SGH-I337 on AT&T GoPhone $60.00 2GB LTE plan. I have on hand the Samsung GT-N5100 and when switching sim card, the GT-N5100 will get HSDPA 3G speed and there is no need to configure the APN as it will automatically sets itself up. This is the APN from GT-N5100 with the sim from the S4.

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so.
The N5100 is the European model that takes the 3G micro SIM with no problem but I don't think it has the 4G radio.

Still a great tablet.

I'm not saying if 4G is gonna work, I know it's not capable of 4G. I'm just curious if my SIM card will be recognized by the tablet.

Your
sim from the SGS4 will work with the GT-N5100. I have the same setup, SGH-I337 on AT&T GoPhone $60.00 2GB LTE plan. I have on hand the Samsung GT-N5100 and when switching sim card, the GT-N5100 will get HSDPA 3G speed and there is no need to configure the APN as it will automatically sets itself up. This is the APN from GT-N5100 with the sim from the S4.

Awesome, so you too have a 4G SIM card and works no problem?

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying if 4G is gonna work, I know it's not capable of 4G. I'm just curious if my SIM card will be recognized by the tablet.

Awesome, so you too have a 4G SIM card and works no problem?

As you can see from the images from GT-N5100 APN, there is no rigging to make it work, just remove your SGS4 simple and into the Note 8.0. I am now using Note 8.0 to post.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using AC Forums mobile app

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, thanks

Only problem I encountered was when I wanted to activate the device as a tablet only. Although AT&T really tried to do data plan only. AT&T database recognize this device as a phone based on the IMEI so if your desire is data only, it will not work, you'll need both voice n data. I took the sim out and now using my SGS4 to post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app