Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    shoii's Avatar

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm seriously thinking about buying this but my only concern is the SIM card. I live in Mexico so I'd be getting this unlocked just like I did my S4. I remember switching to a new SIM card when I got the S4 because my previous one only supported 3G. So my question is will my new 4G SIM work fine in the Note 8.0?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 compatible with 4G SIM card?

    I don't think so.
    The N5100 is the European model that takes the 3G micro SIM with no problem but I don't think it has the 4G radio.

    Still a great tablet.
  3. #3  
    Sweet Pikake's Avatar

    Posts
    147 Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 compatible with 4G SIM card?

    Quote Originally Posted by shoii View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about buying this but my only concern is the SIM card. I live in Mexico so I'd be getting this unlocked just like I did my S4. I remember switching to a new SIM card when I got the S4 because my previous one only supported 3G. So my question is will my new 4G SIM work fine in the Note 8.0?
    Your sim from the SGS4 will work with the GT-N5100. I have the same setup, SGH-I337 on AT&T GoPhone $60.00 2GB LTE plan. I have on hand the Samsung GT-N5100 and when switching sim card, the GT-N5100 will get HSDPA 3G speed and there is no need to configure the APN as it will automatically sets itself up. This is the APN from GT-N5100 with the sim from the S4.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    shoii's Avatar

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 compatible with 4G SIM card?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shofar1 View Post
    I don't think so.
    The N5100 is the European model that takes the 3G micro SIM with no problem but I don't think it has the 4G radio.

    Still a great tablet.
    I'm not saying if 4G is gonna work, I know it's not capable of 4G. I'm just curious if my SIM card will be recognized by the tablet.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    Your
    sim from the SGS4 will work with the GT-N5100. I have the same setup, SGH-I337 on AT&T GoPhone $60.00 2GB LTE plan. I have on hand the Samsung GT-N5100 and when switching sim card, the GT-N5100 will get HSDPA 3G speed and there is no need to configure the APN as it will automatically sets itself up. This is the APN from GT-N5100 with the sim from the S4.
    Awesome, so you too have a 4G SIM card and works no problem?
  5. #5  
    Sweet Pikake's Avatar

    Posts
    147 Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 compatible with 4G SIM card?

    Quote Originally Posted by shoii View Post
    I'm not saying if 4G is gonna work, I know it's not capable of 4G. I'm just curious if my SIM card will be recognized by the tablet.




    Awesome, so you too have a 4G SIM card and works no problem?
    As you can see from the images from GT-N5100 APN, there is no rigging to make it work, just remove your SGS4 simple and into the Note 8.0. I am now using Note 8.0 to post.

    Sent from my GT-N5100 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    shoii 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    shoii's Avatar

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 compatible with 4G SIM card?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    As you can see from the images from GT-N5100 APN, there is no rigging to make it work, just remove your SGS4 simple and into the Note 8.0. I am now using Note 8.0 to post.

    Sent from my GT-N5100 using AC Forums mobile app
    Awesome, thanks
  7. #7  
    Sweet Pikake's Avatar

    Posts
    147 Posts
    ROM
    OEM

    Default Re: Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 compatible with 4G SIM card?

    Quote Originally Posted by shoii View Post
    Awesome, thanks
    Only problem I encountered was when I wanted to activate the device as a tablet only. Although AT&T really tried to do data plan only. AT&T database recognize this device as a phone based on the IMEI so if your desire is data only, it will not work, you'll need both voice n data. I took the sim out and now using my SGS4 to post

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S4 won't ring
    By Tony Onocaiolo in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 09:23 AM
  2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0: Usb device not recognized.
    By tk91 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 11:28 PM
  3. Samsung Galaxy S4 Mobile Data Switching back on
    By sebababi in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 07:10 PM
  4. Note stuck at boot screen and can't mount in recovery
    By jessman1988 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 11:32 PM
  5. Falcon Pro having trouble with vine
    By flux capacitor in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

B