WIFI Not Working

pushkar singh

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

The WIFI on my Note 8.0 is not working properly. I have a 4 MBPS line at home and it works perfectly with my other devices (Laptop, Phone) but somehow it just doesn't works properly with my Note 8.0. No matter what I stream (HQ videos, normal videos or audios), there is always a buffering lag which is very frequent (after every 5 seconds, it buffers for 2-3 seconds). I have tried everything, re-installed my WIFI network but the problem remains. Is this an OS issue ? Has anyone else faced this kind of issue ? (I have kept my WIFI on during sleep in advanced settings, so that is not an issue).

Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Pushkar

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This is kindof a shot in the dark, but do you have an Android phone too?

I recently had a problem where my WiFi network/connection went completely bonkers/flakey on my phone (Galaxy S3) and my tablet (Nexus7) as soon as I set up the Nexus 7. Turned out that I had assigned a static IP to my phone, and then when I got a Nexus 7 and logged into my Google account, it downloaded/synced all my apps and stuff, but also my network settings...including the static IP I had assigned to the phone.

Therefore I ended up with two devices on my network with the same IP address (which wreaked havok with the devices' connection). I had similar behavior where the device would have an internet connection, then get kicked off mid-video or anything else I was doing. I had to go into my Nexus 7 and assign a different IP address and everything was better. Took me about a week to figure it out though.

to check this on your phone and your tablet go into settings -> wifi and then click on your wireless network and you'll see if you're using a static IP on the device or not. Make sure they are different on your phone and your tablet.

Just a thought.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If you're WiFi network is setup to be in ad-hoc mode and not infrastructure mode, it won't work. Android has never supported ad hoc mode, and it has been a known bug since android 1.5.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Google wants to fix the issue anytime soon.

Make sure your network is setup in infrastructure mode and not ad hoc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Also who is your provider and what equipment are you using? I know there was another thread where xfinity customers using the wifi router xfinity provides were having connection issues as well with the note 8

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan