Problems with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update

raymnz

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Same problem...just 'upgraded' and the multi window tab is greyed out. Also the camera app has failed. My Note 8 is now nearly an iPad mini :(
Have backed up a load of photos and bracing myself to do a factory reset. I'll try the Recovery first.
Quite a downer when the gadget has performed beautifully on the old software!

Chris Taylor7

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
A factory reset fixed the problem. However, Samsung advised me to use Kies to perform a backup of my device. Using a direct USB connection and after several failed attempts over a 4 to 5 hour period I managed a successful backup including ALL my apps. However, the first restore failed and the "successful" restore failed to restore all my apps, my window settings or my email settings. IMHO whilst Samsung hardware is great their software and software support are very poor. Sadly, I have decided to exchange my Note 8.0 for an iPad.

adhjr

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get the Always-on Vpn function to work? On my device the Always-on VPN window will open but the only option that is available is None. I have already removed and added my vpn accounts with no effect.

patrickbear

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Count me in with losing multitasking. OTA update to out of the box unrooted Note 8.0. Samsung support no help. Except they are working on a fix.

bj in RI

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine evidently was trying to update while I was out and about all day yesterday. When I got home it would not even boot up. I'd have to hold down start up button while it went thru pictures of a grey battery, a green battery, then nothing. Then I'd hold it down again and go thru the same sequence again 3 or 4 times. It would then finally turn on and download a few minutes then shut down again. I thought for sure it was dead. It took 4 hours of this to complete download. Cried myself to sleep. All was well this morning. Ah, modern technology.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I backed up everything via Kies, did a firmware update, backed up again and and did the 4.2.2 update. Like many, I cannout turn on Multi Window using either of the two methods. So I guess I will do a factory reset then restore from Kies and see what happens.

Krishanu Singh

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
i got a performance upgrade for my note 8 from samsung. after installation my tab started heating . i took it it to the service center and they tried to install 4.1.2 but my tab did not accept it. so they downloaded the 4.2.2 version and tried to install it. now they say that my tab is not responding and the motherboard needs to be replaced. is it possible??? if yes then what should i do guys plz help asap!!!

roy dp

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
well guys, most of you are lucky , your units are still working.. i got a dead boot on my samsung galaxy tab2, 3 weeks ago.. i updated my device to jelly bean 4.2.2 a while back( when it was first posted on Sam mobile) while i didn't notice any difference, aside from the notification bar & corrections on wallpaper sizes & other stuff, i did a bench test and it gave me a speed boost of some sort. was happy then.. then came that dreadful dead boot after charging it. didn't know what's wrong.. but after 3 weeks, i managed to revive the unit with button combinations and took out the battery. after a few sec, reattached it. the battery icon showed when i charged it. booted it up (still on JB 4.2.2).. after a few hours, my screen freezes then black screen.. so i powered it off by power button. got me thinking.. why not make a rollback of my firmware back to original stock ICS 4.0.4 using Odin. after doing it, did a wipe cache partition and ofcourse, wipe data/factory reset.. been 3 three days now without hangs, freezes or black screen.. i might update it to 4.1.1 JB after 3 days more..but not to 4.2.2.. i guess there's something in it that makes my tab freezes or keeps hanging.. (just realized this thread is for the Note 8 ehehe.. )

domzdel

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
After the 4.2.2 update for my samsung galaxy s3, I could not connect to a netowrk, downgrading back to 4.1.2 still had the problem, flashed the rom and by some random event kies updated my phone and it worked however, now I cant connect to to sever to do a OTA update. Also my screen flickers and the battery drains like mofo. any help? :(

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed that multi window started working on mine. Not sure how as I didn't do a backup from Kies or change anything but after seeing a reply to this post, I checked and turn it on.

No other issues after the update either like I have heard some people having. If this thing was able to make actual cellular LTE calls on AT&T I would get rid of my Note 2. Love this tablet!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Pa Man

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I like Jelly Bean is more fluid. We should not go back to early firmware ( 4.1.2). Multi window is part of Galaxy Note. Samsung should fix it.