Problems with Jelly Bean 4.2.2 update

M M4

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
After I updated os on my note 8 to ver 4.2.2 the multi window tab disappeared and the setting option to enable multi window under display menu grey out and cannot be switched on or off. The time for different countries on the weather app also did not show correct time zone but only show the same time for all the countries. Anyone has this problem and can suggest a solution. I searched on internet but found nothing. Thanks.

gemniii

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I too lost the multi-window tab. Went into Settings-Display unchecked multi-window, rechecked multi-window and the tab popped back.

bobng

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
After I updated os on my note 8 to ver 4.2.2 the multi window tab disappeared and the setting option to enable multi window under display menu grey out and cannot be switched on or off. The time for different countries on the weather app also did not show correct time zone but only show the same time for all the countries. Anyone has this problem and can suggest a solution. I searched on internet but found nothing. Thanks.
I haven't updated but recently had my window tab disappear. I went back to settings and turned it off & back on again that fixed it? Hope it works for you.

velxun mine

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

same thing happened to me....:'(

C0RSKIE

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having the same issues and if you guys also check, the lock screen widgets option has the same problem. I emailed samsung support and they wanted me to do a factory reset and update my firmware again. Sigh, I have tons of books so its such a hassle reloading it to my library. Have any of you tried factory reset?

SeiYuusha

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having the same issues and if you guys also check, the lock screen widgets option has the same problem. I emailed samsung support and they wanted me to do a factory reset and update my firmware again. Sigh, I have tons of books so its such a hassle reloading it to my library. Have any of you tried factory reset?

hmm... i went to the Samsung service centre and they downgrade mine... plus the factory reset... :(

btw, for anyone who'd like to see, here's the screenshot of my Note 8.0's display settings when it's still on 4.2.2. (before downgrade)
View attachment 80189

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Finally received the 4.2.2 update on my 5100 here in Thailand last night. No problems to report here. Everything seems to be working as smoothly as it did before.

SeiYuusha

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Finally received the 4.2.2 update on my 5100 here in Thailand last night. No problems to report here. Everything seems to be working as smoothly as it did before.

really ? :'( could you post the screenshot on your display settings ?
did you do factory reset after upgrading ?

UPDATE : i just updated to 4.2.2, a total of 667MB download, then a 17MB update. the problem persists. then i did a factory reset via Android Recovery (turn off > power+volume up), and now everything works like a charm :) the multi window started unchecked, and all i have to do is checked it :) :cool:

Last edited:

limyouwen

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Same to me. Not only my multi window display grey out, also my chrome browser couldn't be opened. Everytime I click to launch chrome broser, it always fail to be opened. Samed on Samsung :'(

Chris Taylor7

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having exactly the same problem. My Note 8.0 automatically updated to Andriod 4.2.2 and now the multi window function is greyed out and won't work. Similarly, the weather app is broken and won't pick up my city.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs