Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 LTE international version unlocked ATT APN settings for go phone

Hi ,
    Does anyone know the APN Settings to be used to get 3g network on ATT go phone ? This is now available in Amazon , but comes with default 2g APN (EDGE Data) settings.

Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 LTE international version unlocked GT - N5120

ROM
    OEM

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 LTE international version unlocked ATT APN settings for go phone

This is AT&T APN and I get HSPA+
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy note 8.0 LTE international version unlocked ATT APN settings for go phone

Hi , Thanks . I 've tried the settings and still get EDGE 2g data.

The only difference i see is you are able to set the APN type to default, mms etc. I dont have an option but instead a drop down menu for Internet + MMS or internet or mms stand alone. I selected internet + mms and get only EDGE 2g data.

I called AT&T and they mentioned the below frequencies . Would you know how to set it for 3g UMTS, as i think thats the issue as we are getting GSM 850 and 1900 MHZ only.

4G-LTE Band 4 and 17

4G HSPA+ HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul

3G - UMTS 850/1900/2100MHz

GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz

ROM
    OEM

I have the GT-N5100,
    the specs
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 - Full phone specifications

if you have the GT-N5120 AT&T that comes with LTE, you might try this trick I made with my SGH-I337, may or may not work.
    Can I switch/select cell bands (LTE/3G/Etc) on the S4 /ATT/i337?

or you can go to the last page of this thread and install the phone info app I have link to.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The phone info app available in play store no longer works to change any thing, but only does a display. I see from that my network type is set to 2 - EDGE and not 3-UMTS. So i believe this is the problem. Need to find a way to change the network type on the GT N5120 model International version .

How would this Phone/Tablet work with T-Mobile?

According to T-Mobile technical support the frequencies available in my area are 1700, 1900 & 2100 mhz.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Pikake View Post
    I have the GT-N5100,
    the specs
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 - Full phone specifications

if you have the GT-N5120 AT&T that comes with LTE, you might try this trick I made with my SGH-I337, may or may not work.
    Can I switch/select cell bands (LTE/3G/Etc) on the S4 /ATT/i337?

or you can go to the last page of this thread and install the phone info app I have link to.

I had the same issue, the N-5120 international version can only receive "E" edge network type with T-mobile sim card in LAS VEGAS area. But with the same sim card, my other LG phone can get "4G" network. I had double checked the specification of two phones they both have the same GSM band (850/900/1800/1900). If the phones both are running thru the GSM band to connect to the network, they should have the same 4G network???? I tried to disable the mobile data, registered to the t-mobile network by choosing different network selection mode (LTE/GSM/WDCMA) and (GSM/WDCMA = this is the default mode on my LG phone), still got only "Edge" network type! Can anyone know how to fix this?

hey Sweet Pikake. why were your apn settings taken off the site. I could sure use them. Samsung updated my software and I ended up having the do a factory reset. Hasn't worked right ever since. John