1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default External battery pack for Note 8.0?

Does the Note 8.0 have some special USB charging circuit? I was looking to get an external battery pack for charging on the go and was told that units like the Ravpower 10400 mAh battery pack would not work with the Note 8.0 due to Note's "unique design of the charging port? Anyone know?

Thanks,

L.S.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: External battery pack for Note 8.0?

Quote Originally Posted by BBLou View Post
    Does the Note 8.0 have some special USB charging circuit? I was looking to get an external battery pack for charging on the go and was told that units like the Ravpower 10400 mAh battery pack would not work with the Note 8.0 due to Note's "unique design of the charging port? Anyone know?

Thanks,

L.S.
    One end of the port may be unique to the Note 8, but the other end is USB, correct? That's the end you'll be plugging into the external battery pack, which will (and should) work without a problem.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    One end of the port may be unique to the Note 8, but the other end is USB, correct? That's the end you'll be plugging into the external battery pack, which will (and should) work without a problem.
    Actually the Note end is a micro USB and the other is a standard USB. I was told actually by the battery pack seller that there is something unique about the Galaxy tabs but I'm not finding any real data that says there is. This is a quote from the Amazon.com listing for the Ravpower 10400 battery pack:

"Charges one device at maximum speed or two at 3A total. One 5V / 3A (max) port charges Android devices and Apple devices with iOS 5 or higher at full speed; One 5V / 3A (max) port charges ALL Apple products at full speed (also charges Android devices at 0.5A).Note: this product CANNOT charge Samsung or Asus tablets."

Try RAVPower 14000 mAh External Battery Pack. RAVPower 14000 work with the Note 8.0

Actually the Note end is a micro USB and the other is a standard USB. I was told actually by the battery pack seller that there is something unique about the Galaxy tabs but I'm not finding any real data that says there is. This is a quote from the Amazon.com listing for the Ravpower 10400 battery pack:

"Charges one device at maximum speed or two at 3A total. One 5V / 3A (max) port charges Android devices and Apple devices with iOS 5 or higher at full speed; One 5V / 3A (max) port charges ALL Apple products at full speed (also charges Android devices at 0.5A).Note: this product CANNOT charge Samsung or Asus tablets."
    I think they are referring to the old Samsung tablets that have a propriety charge port. It shouldn't be a problem with the Note 8.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

I've used several generic micro usb chargers, they all work. Back in the day, with a previous PDA, I found some mini-USB's had one less wire and wouldn't work to charge.

I had Asus tablet and it has charger with usb port but actually charges at 12 volt. Got to be careful not to plug anything else into Charger!

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I've charged my LTE Note 8.0 with several battery packs and all kinds of chargers and car chargers. No problems whatsoever.

S IV
    Live long and prosper.