Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Concerned New Owner

I have owned several tablets, starting with the XOOM. I love the Note 8, but I am concerned about the battery life. Yes, it has only been 4 days, and I understand it has to cycle, I am just asking if others have had sub-par battery life to start, and did it get better?

Thanks,

Steve

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Concerned New Owner

Could you post screenshots of the battery stats and graph?

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I use mine for taking notes in class every day. I drain about 10% battery usage per hour taking notes and also doing some light surfing. While taking notes I do things like use wolfram alpha, some class websites and things like wikipedia and copy and paste things out of them to supplement notes.

I have had mine for about two months or so now and have not had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by William Heymann View Post
    I use mine for taking notes in class every day. I drain about 10% battery usage per hour taking notes and also doing some light surfing. While taking notes I do things like use wolfram alpha, some class websites and things like wikipedia and copy and paste things out of them to supplement notes.

I have had mine for about two months or so now and have not had any problems.
    That's decent battery life isn't it? 10% per 45 min to an hour of screen on time? Or maybe its not?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Without any numbers of usage it's impossible to tell what your idea of "sub-par" is.

Global Posts
    6,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I have a Note 8.0 as well and I can agree battery could be better. Several reviews noted this as well as I recall, but its still a great and versatile product to me.

from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z or XTZ or "Ecstasy"
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Battery life is its weakest point. Most tablets are considerably better.

It seems pretty good to me. It is definitely good enough for my needs.

Battery life has never been a problem for me so I don't worry about it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for all of the responses. Coming over from an iPad 2, I guess I got a little spoiled with battery life on a tablet. I did go back and reread more reviews, and in my haste to get a new tablet I guess I did not look at the battery life closely enough. My battery life matches up well with expectations from the reviewers. No matter, I really like the tablet and it's capabilities.

Global Posts
    6,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by William Heymann View Post
    It seems pretty good to me. It is definitely good enough for my needs.

Battery life has never been a problem for me so I don't worry about it.
    I have to agree. While battery life may be shorter than other tablets I've used its not so short that I feel something's amiss. I still get a good amount of time of heavy heavy use with LTE on.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I have to agree. While battery life may be shorter than other tablets I've used its not so short that I feel something's amiss. I still get a good amount of time of heavy heavy use with LTE on.
    The LTE may be hurting some of your battery life too.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

You guys must have been spoiled in the past if you think the Note 8.0 has a poor battery life. I've owned several tablets in the past (Droid and Blackberry Playbook) and my son has a iPAD (it's just a toy), and the Note battery is definitely better than any of those.

I use S Notes constantly throughout the day, check emails and do a fair amount of browsing ... I can easily get 2 days out of it (but I tend to plug it in overnight anyway) .. which is fine for me. I can't see any problem in charging tablets, phones and other gadgets overnight ... you just need to get into the habit.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

After the first few days my battery life has increased, and my concern has decreased. That being said, I am always in favor of better battery life.