Mail problems post 4.2.2 upgrade

Mark Coleman1

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Since my Galaxy Note 8 upgraded itself to 4.2.2 my mail app has stopped working for Apple Mail.

Doesn't matter what settings I use I can't get it to connect.

Is this a known problem?

Mail is still working fine on my Galaxy S3 (Which is still on 4.1.2)

Help...please!!

Mark

Martin Cohen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Same problem. Tried everything, nothing works. I downloaded Maildroid from the Play Store. Works really well. You will have to use manual setup as auto setup wouldn't work. Use the standard settings from the Apple site for mail on Android remembering to use only the part of your email address before the @ sign as a user name. I like the option of deleting from device only or device and server.

My phone runs Android 4.1.2 and has no trouble like you with mac mail so the issue seems to be 4.2.2 on Samsung devices.

If you can't find the settings for any reason let me know and I'll send them.

Good luck,

Martin.

Ernie Ciarrocchi

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Same problem on my Galaxy Note 8. I tried everything, including a reset to factory default. I spent over an hour with Samsung live chat support but all they could suggest are things I already tried myself. All was fine until the 4.2.2 update. Mac mail also works as always on a Kindle Fire HD I have access to. The only way I can now get my Mac mail on the Galaxy is to have iCloud forward mail to my Gmail account.

Steve Roseman

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I too accepted the upgrade, what a huge mistake. I ended up deleting the account and thought it might be easier to set it back up. Wrong, the initial set up was simple, enter email address, enter password, it's done. Not any more, since this upgrade. Any assistance and directions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

JGregory Brannan

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I also applied the Note 8 software update early in October, and lost MacMail connection status as stated above, and also Alarms within clock no longer goes off, though it appears to work.
I took the Note to the Samsung store and they reset the upgrade by computer, Said they would report the issue, and still same issues exist. This was on October 12. Is there any hope that Samsung Might fix this issue? I also bought the Note 3, (upgraded from Galaxy S3,) the same day. All systems go with that item, mac mail works fine.

Karim Mansour

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
l also have a similar problem! After update to 4.2.2 My Hotmail and work mail stopped working. I deleted them but now can't reconfigure them because mail app crashes. Any help?

omar na

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Iam facing same problem ,,after i update to 4.2.2 my hotmail and business stoped ,,, i uninstall then whe i install it again it give message "unfortunatly email has stoped " ,,,,,,,,,, any solution ?

Rockwell18

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello Folks,
New here and I've got the same problem with e-mail(s) as you all do. My business e-mail stopped after the update, also, I can't add another account to get around. I keep getting an authentication error stating user and pw not correct.

Do you think the necessary tech people are reading these posts and are going to create a fix?

Thanks,

Rockwell18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87